You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It's an act of retaliation by Iran. This is largely on Trump. Iran are having an economic war waged on them for having the temerity to abide by the JCPOA. They're now reacting. 

It's on the British government for choosing to be Trump's lacky and then failing to protect British vessels. They should have instructed Navy warships beyond the Montrose to the gulf as soon as they chose to move on the Iranian tanker. Equally given that the UK now has a tiny surface fleet which is wholly inadequate to police the oceans perhaps they should have stayed out of this altogether?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

They boarded and took control of a ship, effectively taking the entire crew into custody and you think that’s ok if they broke the rules?  

I don't think it's up to Pb. I think there are international laws about the correct response when ships break the rules.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I don't think it's up to Pb. I think there are international laws about the correct response when ships break the rules.

I also didn't say it was OK, merely passing on latest news. If he wants to act the cunt then let him, no skin off my arse. 

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I think there are international laws about the correct response when ships break the rules.

True and on the face it we're supposed to believe that Gibraltar acted entirely unilaterally rather than in response to a direct request from the US. If it was the latter then the ambition of the US to drag the UK into this is pretty obvious. Certainly the delighted mumblings of John Bolton would suggest the latter.

43 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Apparently it was at the request of Hormozgon ports for breaking International Maritime Rules. Obviously no facts out yet if it did actually break the rules. 

Actually I owe you an apology- I read that wrong.  

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

A large scale war has been overdue. This could be the start of it. A rapist fucktard in the white house and a sack of syphilis sores soon to be UK PM, it's bound to happen. 

Or it could be certain Governments trying to distract from the state they find themselves in. Loads of people are up for war, as long as they can bang on about it on social media and not be a part of it themselves. Keeping those types on board due to banging the National drum to do so is a political gain for them. Fill people with fear and they'll let Governments get away with all sorts of shit. 

2019-07-19 - 19.55

Stena Bulk and Northern Marine Management can confirm that at approximately 1600 BST on 19th July UK registered vessel Stena Impero (built 2018, 49,683 DWT) was approached by unidentified small crafts and a helicopter during transit of the Strait of Hormuz while the vessel was in international waters. We are presently unable to contact the vessel which is now heading north towards Iran.

There are 23 seafarers aboard.  There have been no reported injuries and their safety is of primary concern to both owners and managers. The priority of both vessel owner Stena Bulk and ship manager Northern Marine Management is the safety and welfare of the crew.

Northern Marine Management has not been able to establish contact directly with the vessel since it was notified of the incident at approximately 1600 Today, 19th July 2019.  
We are in close contact with UK government authorities. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Stena Bulk is Swedish. 

Northern Marine Is also Scandi, or at least I believe so. 

Registered in the UK could be due to various reasons. 

2 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

We should send our brand new aircraft carrier out there. If they've fixed the leak that is.

Mate, The Royal Navy has some of the best and most advanced warships and equipment in the world. But they are maintained with spit and blu-tac. I couldn't believe some of the stuff I saw living on a warship ........2q41mq.jpg )

Proper piss-take considering the money ploughed into defence. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Stouffer said:

The planes would all sink, Shirley?

Think again, due to cut backs they have fitted it out with these. 

Image result for Water planes