You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's been planned for years this, they've been manoeuvring the pieces on the board and now they're ready to strike. 

USA/Saudi/Israel to go at Iran. It remains to be seen whether Russia will come to Iran's aid as both have fought on the side of Assad. 

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's been planned for years this, they've been manoeuvring the pieces on the board and now they're ready to strike. 

USA/Saudi/Israel to go at Iran. It remains to be seen whether Russia will come to Iran's aid as both have fought on the side of Assad. 

China have got a cigar on. Busy carving up South America and Africa.

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I just don't see the value of a war with Iran, especially if Russia were involved. It would be felt so acutely inside NATO nations that it's pretty much a no-go unless they go full fucking mental. 

I don't think America has ever been so thoroughly unprepared for a war as it is now. 

Even in Iraq it could still beat the 9/11 narrative and Bin Laden bogeyman drum, plus its economy was reasonably stable and its domestic politics nowhere near as toxic.

Imagine what will happen when the yanks discover once again the hard way that they're not very good at wars and two thirds of Idaho come back in bodybags, while bone spurrs Donny tweets how if he'd been fighting there he would never have been killed because his IQ was too high, unlike leafy-eyed Joe Biden.

If the yanks don't riot at some point they've lost my respect.

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I just don't see the value of a war with Iran, especially if Russia were involved. It would be felt so acutely inside NATO nations that it's pretty much a no-go unless they go full fucking mental. 

It's ideology mainly, Israel and Saudi hate them for different reasons plus they probably agitate a lot in America's back yard, both in Iraq and Syria. They won't be cowed plus the old school gobshites like Bolton just think they're evil because they don't go to church or whatever.

I dont think much thought goes into these things these days truth be told, I wouldn't expect rational decision making here, not in 2019.

14 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

So it been planned for years but they aren’t ready for it?  

13 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

So it been planned for years but they aren’t ready for it?  

Well, it's a matter of fact that these events are planned for. The US calls them OPLANS, for example the OPLAN 5015, OPLAN 5027 and others that relate to North Korea, OPLAN 1019 and others that relate to Iran. It's been planned for, but there's a big difference between planning and executing plans. You would have known about these because there's absolutely nothing you can't google and pretend you already knew, like your in-depth knowledge of the Iranian fleet and the boat models that I'm sure you independently researched and didn't just parrot from somewhere else. 

Personally, I don't think there's likely to be any conspiracy to start a war with Iran right now. I mean, they've done it before - of sorts - and I'd wager they'd do it again. The reason they haven't already done it is because of the immediate reaction will cause such a nightmare for people in the participating countries and their allies, including a not-improbably world war. That oil is nice looking though. 

Iran has been the major player in the region for decades and the main beneficiary of all American recent blunders in the Middle East. I remember the main impression I got from reading several books on ISIS at the time, based on the US intelligence sources and briefings, that they were scared and obsessed with Iran and its position in everything going on there and not so much by various Sunni jihadists.

Iran has more influence in Iraq now than the US, it is the second major player in Syria, second or so in Lebanon through  the control of Hezbollah, it is probably much more involved in Yemen than has been proved so far, it stirred serious shit in the past in Bahrain, it is constantly trying to flame a rebellion in Saudi Arabia, it is siding with Qatar in their dispute with the Emirates and Saudi and so on.  There is certainly a great incentive for primarily Saudis and than Israel and US to get rid of that regime. But I just can't see an all out war,  they are too big for that.

• Upvote 2