You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

11 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

20's terrific. 30's shite (married). Early 40's still shite, sorting out the leftovers from the 30's. Mid 40's and onwards, yeah, not too bad.

We are talking about age not decades mate although yeah I bet the early 40's was shite 

• Upvote 2

Started a 6 week fitness challenge yesterday at a local strength and conditioning gym. Had the crystal clear thought ‘You are in the wrong place, my friend’. During the warm-up. Walking like a cowboy who’s found himself in Shawshank prison showers accompanied by The Sisters.

• Upvote 3

Having children constantly reference things from YouTube or the Internet that I have no concept of despite considering myself IT literate. 

Roblox

DJ Marshmello 

Fortnight "seasons"

Unboxings

The brief return of pokemon cards was great because I had some point of reference, but they've been banned due to covid concerns. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Having children constantly reference things from YouTube or the Internet that I have no concept of despite considering myself IT literate. 

Roblox

DJ Marshmello 

Fortnight "seasons"

Unboxings

The brief return of pokemon cards was great because I had some point of reference, but they've been banned due to covid concerns. 

Unboxings are everywhere on almost every type of item you can imagine. The other stuff you mention I have no idea of either.

I popped up to the shop before, and there were a bunch of kids messing about outside. As I walked past, one of them said, 'If you get my phone out the bin, I'll give you a wank.'

He probably wasn't talking to me and it would no doubt be a shit wank as he was only about 14, but still, that's the most action I've had all year.

• Upvote 1

On 24/06/2021 at 22:56, Colonel Kurtz said:

I’ve finally accepted the inevitable 

and started playing walking football after 40 years of Sunday league/5 a side. I feel properly old tonight. 

try and resist the urge to do the Benny Hill walk.  Hold on to your dignity.

On 29/06/2021 at 20:52, Mudface said:

I popped up to the shop before, and there were a bunch of kids messing about outside. As I walked past, one of them said, 'If you get my phone out the bin, I'll give you a wank.'

He probably wasn't talking to me and it would no doubt be a shit wank as he was only about 14, but still, that's the most action I've had all year.

Mudface looking in bins as he walked past

tenor.gif

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Elite said:

Ear hairs. They grow at crazy angles in the most awkward parts of the ear. I've nearly ended up doing a Van Gough a few times with the razor as those grooming shavers can't get near them.

So true! The side trimmers on my Philishave do a good job on them though. Now nose hair, fuck me, you have to pluck them out otherwise you look like you have trees growing out of your nose!

• Upvote 1