You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

32 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

When I went to give blood last week they gave a form to volunteer to donate platelets. I filled it in only to be told I’m too old.  How do they know I don’t have the platelets of a man 15 years younger?! 

You should have taken it along with you.

4 hours ago, Mudface said:

Spotify have 'dropped' (grr) details of the most streamed artists and albums this year. I've heard of most of them, but have no idea about any of the albums or songs as I've actively listened to none of them, ever.

EoIG54gWEAEESjt?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EoIKFNeXUAA6d33?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EoIKyQ-XIAAUty9?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Never heard of the cunts.

4 hours ago, Mudface said:

Spotify have 'dropped' (grr) details of the most streamed artists and albums this year. I've heard of most of them, but have no idea about any of the albums or songs as I've actively listened to none of them, ever.

EoIG54gWEAEESjt?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EoIKFNeXUAA6d33?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EoIKyQ-XIAAUty9?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Never heard of the cunts.

2 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Neil Mellor scoring the winner against Arsenal, 16 years ago today. Watched it in the Legion, Fazakerley I think, with the mate and his Dad who have both passed. 

Scored from some way out I recall? 

Can only remember ever watching four matches from the Anny Road End , and this was one of them , right behind Mellors shot.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Can only remember ever watching four matches from the Anny Road End , and this was one of them , right behind Mellors shot.

I reckon I've watched more from the Anny Road than everywhere else put together, mainly because Kopites are gobshites.

Edit: hang on a sec, I got confused which forum I was in. Another sign of getting on...

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I reckon I've watched more from the Anny Road than everywhere else put together, mainly because Kopites are gobshites.

Edit: hang on a sec, I got confused which forum I was in. Another sign of getting on...

Not through any plan but I have watched over 95% of games from the Kop and most of the rest from the Kemlyn. Very rare from the Main Stand and even less the Anny Road.

The 4 games I remember are the Arsenal game aforementioned, the Benfica game where we got knocked out of the CL, a LC game against Tranmere in the late 70's and a random  league game with my dad against Blackpool in the early 70's.

10 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Not through any plan but I have watched over 95% of games from the Kop and most of the rest from the Kemlyn. Very rare from the Main Stand and even less the Anny Road.

The 4 games I remember are the Arsenal game aforementioned, the Benfica game where we got knocked out of the CL, a LC game against Tranmere in the late 70's and a random  league game with my dad against Blackpool in the early 70's.

I think I've only ever watched two games from the Main Stand, a wretched 2-0 defeat against Norwich when we'd won the league with about 8 games to spare, and a Leeds game where Rush got his first league goals. I went to most of my games during the mid-2000s when the PTS scheme was active. Thinking about it quite a few were in block 202 in the Kop so I probably have had more games there overall. Best was right in the middle of the Kop for the first Chelsea semi, that was absolutely electric, worst was a restricted view in the Anny Road for a 1-0 defeat against Birmingham while wearing these new boots which absolutely crippled me. Going home on the train in agony, soaking wet after that shite wasn't the best.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, easytoslip said:

Neil Mellor scoring the winner against Arsenal, 16 years ago today. Watched it in the Legion, Fazakerley I think, with the mate and his Dad who have both passed. 

Scored from some way out I recall? 

I was at that game right behind the goal in the Kop, had no idea who scored at first, didn't think it was Mellor at the time.

Also remembered as Tony Nunez's first game, came on as sub if I recall.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mook said:

I've ordered slippers.

Our new house is quite cold & sitting at my desk all day is fucking freezing, plus I keep standing on the kids fucking toys.

I'm disgusted with myself.

Slippers are great. The pair I got had a review from some old guy who recommended them on the grounds that if he forgot to put his shoes on before going out, they were still really comfortable. Can't get higher praise than that.

• Upvote 3