Quantcast
The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread - Page 246 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Section_31

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

On 23/06/2020 at 22:40, Section_31 said:

When we went to Greece years ago we had a big bottle of Soltan and whenever we put some on we'd do a Roman salute and say "SOLTAN!". None of us pulled on that holiday.

giphy (7).gif

His owner would need a pretty high factor.

4E55DE6E-BF3C-407A-A647-FFCF56A8CB77.jpeg

Attractive young girls seem happy to strike up conversations with me out of the blue.  They clearly think I’m an old man who’s zero threat, not a romantic possibility and probably a little pathetic looking. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not drinking beer before going to the match as I know I will need to go for at least 2 pees in the second half. If you see a bald bloke ordering a poncey G@T in the away fans pub at any London game next season that’s me. 

58 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Just been looking at the Cotton Traders website. Their clothes look reasonably priced and comfortable. 

The MiL got me a green CT cardigan a few years ago for Chrimbo. 

The Mrs thinks she gave it to me in error (she was in the latter stages of cancer and was starting to lose her marbles) but it is so comfy, I love wearing it around the house.

273M_BOT_FRONT.jpg

Not the exact one but pretty darn close.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Stouffer said:

The Mrs thinks she gave it to me in error (she was in the latter stages of cancer and was starting to lose her marbles) but it is so comfy, I love wearing it around the house.

273M_BOT_FRONT.jpg

Still a darn sexy mo'fo thought, right?

On 23/06/2020 at 22:40, Stouffer said:

I've got a top quality nose hair trimmer; and I fucking love it.

Darn tooting. 

I got me a boss ear and nose trimmer. Now I’m winning the everlasting hair battle. 

i look forward to a trim

i also grew my hair out over lockdown, having had a number 1/2 for the last 15 years. Well pleased with it 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Stouffer said:

273M_BOT_FRONT.jpg

That's bad news mate. Her indoors bought me a pair of slippers last year thet are real 'Grandad ' style. All I need now is a rocking chair, a cardigan like yours and a pipe.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I slept in until half eleven on Sunday and the Mrs admitted she checked to see if I was breathing.

I'd love to sleep for that long but I'd just need more pisses.

I feel old when I see a footballer's career start and end. Owen, Gerrard, Rooney - all started their careers and retired from football. Plenty more as well. In fact I'm probably in the same job and some have started and since retired. 

• Upvote 4

On 05/08/2020 at 21:14, Section_31 said:

I slept in until half eleven on Sunday and the Mrs admitted she checked to see if I was breathing.

I bet that ruined her day didn’t it? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1