You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

10 hours ago, littletedwest said:

How old are you mate? I'm 39 Mrs is older by ten year. She had her first kid at 17. He is with a girl who had a baby at 14 ( not by him) so I now have a 12 year old who calls me grandad which gets some looks. Just to emphasise we aren't from shameless,stepson and his Mrs run their own recruitment business so we aren't benefit scroungers.

I am a sprightly 53 years young, ted. Had my first kid at 21 and all three of them by the age of 24. Probably would have had more but my kids were all big fuckers,first was over 11lbs and then two around the 9lb mark. Missus said forget that and we've had to wait until my daughter turned 29 for a new addition to our immediate family. 

I wasn't sure where to put this but it seems apt for this thread.

Does anyone else feel warm inside when they see an old person ponderously walking a comparatively old dog? Both ambling along, fucked by the rigors of life. It's the epitome of companionship by man's best friend.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Elite said:

Does anyone else feel warm inside when they see an old person ponderously walking a comparatively old dog? Both ambling along, fucked by the rigors of life. It's the epitome of companionship by man's best friend.

Depends if they're in the way or not.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Elite said:

Wayne Rooney gets an enormous erection at the thought.

Just now, Herp McDerp said:

One of life's greatest joys is going to bed completely fine and waking up having thrown your back out in your sleep. No one told me the decay sets in in yiur thirties ffs.

Soon as you hit 30, you start to realise you're fucked.