You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

On my way back on a train from a union trip from Manchester in the 80's and Terry Hall got in the same carriage. My mate Tony asks him for an autograph and he says ' sorry, I don't do autographs ' , Tony replies ' Dont be sorry mate, it was for my sister, I think you're shite '. He didnt look best pleased.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

On 21/04/2020 at 13:32, Section_31 said:

I find myself googling how old people were in certain films. I was delighted recently that, at 40, I'm five years younger than Denzel washington was in training day, but seven years older than John McClaine.

I’m 3 years older than this? Fuuuuck

D50A5635-6DA7-42D0-B51A-7A69C81EE1B8.jpeg

2 hours ago, bigthrusts said:

These songs being 25 years old.

To think I remember the 90s as a golden era of music, most of that was utter shite and constantly on the radio and TV. Take fucking that and fucking Oasis completely inescapable plus all the other cheesey pop shite.

That's put me in a bad mood now

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

As my hair gets longer on this lockdown, the amount of grey is worrying.  My dad didn't start going grey until he was 50.  

I'm the same,  my dad was going grey at 27 so I've done OK get to near 40. On the bright side he always said it'll lose its colour but not its grip

29 minutes ago, Remmie said:

To think I remember the 90s as a golden era of music, most of that was utter shite and constantly on the radio and TV. Take fucking that and fucking Oasis completely inescapable plus all the other cheesey pop shite.

That's put me in a bad mood now

Got me in one now, looking at that