You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

The way lads 10 years younger than me speak. It's all "bare" this and "fam" that, "allow it" and "manz be like". I live in an Arsenal fan TV version of The Truman Show

Wool behaviour*

*I have no idea what the Scouse equivalent is these days. It's probably higher pitched than my accent though.

I tried to buy a can of Coke from the Poundshop and the woman said it worked out cheaper to buy two and did I want to go back and get another one, but I just got a little bit flustered and confused, put the can down and walked out.

haha!  one step away from finding your specs in the fridge and wearing a loaf of bread on your head by mistake.

Everyone does that some point, eh lads?  Lads?

• Upvote 3

Excellent stuff. Summer of 69 always makes me nostalgic even though I wasn't born then and am not from North America.

I'm not a huge fan but his hits went over well, especially Summer of 69.

Fascinating fact - the 69 referred to in the song is actually the sexual position rather than the year. Adams would have only been 10 years old in 1969, but the song is autobiographical.

I stride around the house naked when no-ones in admiring my six pack and pecs in the my reflection on the patio doors.  I thought everyone did that?

Perfectly normal behaviour, Pete.

'Gulps'

• Upvote 1

I'm not a huge fan but his hits went over well, especially Summer of 69.

Fascinating fact - the 69 referred to in the song is actually the sexual position rather than the year. Adams would have only been 10 years old in 1969, but the song is autobiographical.

Interesting.

I just assumed it was because 79 had too many syllables and 89 hadn't happened yet.