You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

It's awesome. Eight quid from Morrison's. Basically a pan you fill with water and boil, then the eggs sit in plastic holders and you put the lid on. You can actually see them firming up (Matron!) superb.

See, there's a Morrison's by my work and I'm going to spend my 30 minutes not eating my dinner but hunting this out. Then it's poached eggs morning, noon and night for me.
  • Upvote 1

I'd put a quick spray of fry lite or bit of butter in them personally but they're not bad otherwise either. Usually turn the cup over and a few taps gets the egg out. Quick spooning if not.

Yep, a little knob (oooerrr!) of butter, then just give it a tap. Piece of piss to clean, it's basically just a pan and four plastic cups.  

We had an egg poacher but the individual egg holders that sit in the pan were a bastard to clean.

Ye I had the same problem. Always just put a bit of butter in or something to grease that shit. But even then the tops would stick and then be solid to clean.

I too have an egg poacher and can vouch for its ability. Mine also can do pasta, popcorn, curries, warm babies bottles, make stew etc. The brand I cannot remember put I think it is Pan.

This.

How difficult can it be to poach an egg? And Shirley the pleasure comes from doing it perfectly yourself?

This.

How difficult can it be to poach an egg? And Shirley the pleasure comes from doing it perfectly yourself?

Cooking multiple poached eggs is a mare. You have to make the whirlpool effect with a spoon which is good for the first one, but after the next couple the whites all go to shit.

Cooking multiple poached eggs is a mare. You have to make the whirlpool effect with a spoon which is good for the first one, but after the next couple the whites all go to shit.

But secsh mate, this is the GF. You've got to do things properly and no alternatives will be accepted.

I'm sick of having to build a fire in the back garden when I want a piece of toast, but that's just the way it is.

I don't like poached eggs cooked in water, they always taste watery (shock horror) and I prefer them to taste of egg, so I actually prefer egg poachers and my brother bought me this ace toaster with built in egg poacher:

Tefal-Toast-n-eggTT550015.jpg

• Upvote 5

I don't like poached eggs cooked in water, they always taste watery (shock horror) and I prefer them to taste of egg, so I actually prefer egg poachers and my brother bought me this ace toaster with built in egg poacher:

Tefal-Toast-n-eggTT550015.jpg

The advance of technology. I like it, but I'd need the four slice version. Love toast, me.