You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

Watching a certain game & realising that aside from those at the tail end of their career, you're older than everyone else on the pitch.There was someone born in 1996 playing today.

Watching a certain game and realizing that your kids are older than everyone on the pitch

• Upvote 1

Asked for my pint to be topped up for the first time ever last night. Used to piss me right off when I worked in a pub that. It was only codgers that asked. To be fair though mine was about an inch off a Moretti which cost me about eight grand.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Long Lost Family in ITV is fantastic.

Easily the 2nd best program on the telly.

That and DIY SOS have me failing to be a man sometimes. Only recently have I started to well up at stories on those two shows especially. It must be down to having kids now, or going through the change or something.
  • Upvote 2

Being polite to young people in the service sector. I was in subway with the missus yesterday and the girl said we were a breath of fresh air. I asked why and she says "you said please, thank you, looked me in the eye and smiled"

"You used toothpaste"

An old mate from school is organising a 'Class of 95' reunion for this coming August at a pub near the school. Just looking at the Facebook link and a few people from that year have now got kids who are doing their A-levels. One person posted that their eldest has just completely her first year at uni! Now obviously with 20 years having passed, a lot of things will have happened in that time but things like that don't half bring home just how much older you've got.

An old mate from school is organising a 'Class of 95' reunion for this coming August at a pub near the school. Just looking at the Facebook link and a few people from that year have now got kids who are doing their A-levels. One person posted that their eldest has just completely her first year at uni! Now obviously with 20 years having passed, a lot of things will have happened in that time but things like that don't half bring home just how much older you've got.

All the men will be fat and be losing their hair. The women, on the whole, will have looked after themselves

Yeah, it wasn't meant to read quite like that. Forgive me, I'm sleep deprived

Nothing worse than a sleep deprived middle aged woman to say things to wind you up.  No matter how well she looks after herself.   ;)  I agree though, with few exceptions, baldy men in their 30s 40s 50s and beyond look old and battered. Zeke and Jean-Luc Picard obviously laugh in the face of such generalisations, but by and large its true.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1