You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

I care less about stuff anymore.  I care less about worrying, care less about pissing people off and care less about material things the older I get.  Getting old has its up sides to be fair.  If something goes tits up I ponder rather than worry.  If someone pisses me off I'll pull them up and don't give two fucks what they think about me.  And now I'm older I don't worry about having the latest this or that, I'm just grateful for what I've got. 

Getting old is ace.

• Upvote 5

I care less about stuff anymore. I care less about worrying, care less about pissing people off and care less about material things the older I get. Getting old has its up sides to be fair. If something goes tits up I ponder rather than worry. If someone pisses me off I'll pull them up and don't give two fucks what they think about me. And now I'm older I don't worry about having the latest this or that, I'm just grateful for what I've got.

Getting old is ace.

It's interesting, I talk with my mates and Mrs and we get nostalgic for our uni days, our going out every weekend days etc, but none of us would go back given the choice.

It's interesting, I talk with my mates and Mrs and we get nostalgic for our uni days, our going out every weekend days etc, but none of us would go back given the choice.

I disagree mate, given the choice, I'd love to go back to the balmy summer and sticky fingers of summer 76 all over again.

Plus they only recently got in one of them new jukeboxes in and has slayer,Metallica et al yet when I play any of those the sound suddenly gets lower....cunt barman.

One of them new jukeboxes? Where are you living? In an episode of Heartbeat or somewhere?

It's one of these touch screen things and with my skills with things like that it took me hours to figure how to use the bloody thing....see I am old.

Those Jukeboxes are shite, takes about 20 minutes to decide what song to put on because there's too much choice.

Jukey in my local is 10p a play & has got all your Beatles, Zeppelin, Motown & Who on there, which is more than good enough for me.

Those Jukeboxes are shite, takes about 20 minutes to decide what song to put on because there's too much choice.

Jukey in my local is 10p a play & has got all your Beatles, Zeppelin, Motown & Who on there, which is more than good enough for me.

I always enjoy it when some bawbag spends around half an hour on it and comes up with the Sterophonics, Wheatus, The Calling or someother middle of the road indie mince, and then pomps around the pool table as if he's cool as. 

• Upvote 1

I always enjoy it when some bawbag spends around half an hour on it and comes up with the Sterophonics, Wheatus, The Calling or someother middle of the road indie mince, and then pomps around the pool table as if he's cool as. 

You're in trouble when Stig sees that post, mate.

Aye, we get a load of posh southern English students in my local & they always put Whitesnake & American Pie on before swanning around the boozer like they're the Jazz correspondent for the New York Times.

Twats.

You're in trouble when Stig sees that post, mate.

Aye, we get a load of posh southern English students in my local & they always put Whitesnake & American Pie on before swanning around the boozer like they're the Jazz correspondent for the New York Times.

Twats.

Twat's indeed, where's your haunt in Ed?

I used to frequent the Dagda, Drouthy Neebours (prior to the makeover), Blue Blazer and Star Bar when I was living in different parts of the city.

In Marchmont I remember we called the Argyl Bar "The Duke", no-one new where the fuck we were talking about which was good as most of the rugger twats would go to the Links*, it's quite relaxed in there apart from during the festival when some unfunny New York feminist will be trying to get everyone to laugh with jokes about her deceased cat.

* Watched our flat burn down in there I was going "Haw Haw Haw unlucky fuckers" as i hadn't realised it was ours. Got a call from the flatmate at 6 in the morning when I was staying at the girlfirends, I remeber pissing myself laughing.

• Upvote 1

Twat's indeed, where's your haunt in Ed?

I used to frequent the Dagda, Drouthy Neebours (prior to the makeover), Blue Blazer and Star Bar when I was living in different parts of the city.

In Marchmont I remember we called the Argyl Bar "The Duke", no-one new where the fuck we were talking about which was good as most of the rugger twats would go to the Links*, it's quite relaxed in there apart from during the festival when some unfunny New York feminist will be trying to get everyone to laugh with jokes about her deceased cat.

* Watched our flat burn down in there I was going "Haw Haw Haw unlucky fuckers" as i hadn't realised it was ours. Got a call from the flatmate at 6 in the morning when I was staying at the girlfirends, I remeber pissing myself laughing.

I drink in the Star Bar, mate, have done for about 15 years now (I call it my local but I don't stay that near there).

You seem to have similar taste in boozers to me, I drank in Drouthys a lot when I stayed up in Newington but my heart belongs to the Star.