You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

Gentle jog? Makes you sound about 90!

There is a little jogging gang in my town full of the sort of women that think if they trot around for 5 minutes once a week they can eat two and a half thousand custard creams a day and still lose weight. They go out in a group of about 20 of them, all wearing high viz jackets for some reason (despite only running in day light, and generally being about as inconspicuous as a herd of drunk rhinos.

I overtook them walking briskly last week. 

• Upvote 1

There is a little jogging gang in my town full of the sort of women that think if they trot around for 5 minutes once a week they can eat two and a half thousand custard creams a day and still lose weight. They go out in a group of about 20 of them, all wearing high viz jackets for some reason (despite only running in day light, and generally being about as inconspicuous as a herd of drunk rhinos.

I overtook them walking briskly last week.

All carrying one of these no doubt.

TR-11984-2.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mr Smiths nightclub burnt down last night, talking about it in work (Warrington) and loads of young ones claimed to have never been there, some never known it to be open.

Waterman and Strachan (and that dancing weirdo in the leotard and frightwig) will be livid.

Keanu Reeves is 50.  Amazing how reading a fact like that in a newspaper can make you pause for a couple of minutes before moving forward with a whole new appreciation of the fact that you really must be getting old.

• Upvote 2

Keanu Reeves is 50. Amazing how reading a fact like that in a newspaper can make you pause for a couple of minutes before moving forward with a whole new appreciation of the fact that you really must be getting old.

Fuck off!! He only looks 15 in Bill and Ted and that was only a couple of years back..

..or 26,shit.

• Upvote 1

Playing sport and literally not being able to walk the next day. The wife is making noises about me giving up because I moan about knees and hips, she's been away this weekend and back in 20 mins so I've just taken a handful of ibuprofen. If I creak or grumble I'm fucked.

Thump thump thump thump thump thump thump. Fuck off. 

The sun comes out and it's like a licence for people to act like dicks. Turn the fucking music down. Why do people have to be so fucking inconsiderate and why is it that loud music is always so fucking shit? Just generic electronic bassy shite.

And put your tops back on and calm down with the barbecue and shorts/flip flops. It's only April and it'll be freezing again overnight. Just fuck off with being young and having a party on a Tuesday night.

• Upvote 1

I will be mortified if anyone has a go at me because of my age. Some things are just beyond the pale.

I should add to this by saying I get my very robust brogues and formal shoes from the likes of Paul Smith and Grenson's. I have several pairs of shoes that are well over 10 years old and still look the business.

Don't scrimp on shoes.

Grenson? Never go full Christian Purslow, Stringy.

realising I'm moving from being seen as flirty to being seen as creepy due to my age. Sad times.

That depends who you're flirting with, I guess,  and what your intentions are.

Is it not a requirement of a 'certain age' or did I pick that up wrong from somewhere?