You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

8 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Went to a mate’s 60th birthday last night. 60th, fucking hell.

6 hours of free bar and no hangover this morning though. I might still have it.

What were you drinking though John Smith's?

47 minutes ago, elvis said:

Brother of mine , who fancied himself as an all-rounder in the building trade and in the absence of any wire strippers , and also believing the power was off decided it would be a good idea to bare a couple of cables with his teeth. 

You can guess the rest ! 

Is this him?

images(31).jpg

• Haha 1

My uncle's mate was being a smart arse once with a welding torch, instead of putting the mask on he took the black eye visor out and held it over his eyes while he welded something with his other hand. When he finished all his face was burned except for a perfectly rectangular patch around his eyes.

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

My uncle's mate was being a smart arse once with a welding torch, instead of putting the mask on he took the black eye visor out and held it over his eyes while he welded something with his other hand. When he finished all his face was burned except for a perfectly rectangular patch around his eyes.

The classic cocky British tourist look.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

What were you drinking though John Smith's?

Mostly Stone & Wood Pacific Ale, but also a couple of pints of Wolf of the Willows XPA.

Here’s the thing though, after my earlier 60th party post, I went to the shops. The girl in the green grocers asked me what I’d been up to over the weekend. “Went to a mates birthday party says I, bit depressing that I actually have a friend who is 60”.

”Oh, have you had your 60th yet?”

For fucks sake. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, elvis said:

Brother of mine , who fancied himself as an all-rounder in the building trade and in the absence of any wire strippers , and also believing the power was off decided it would be a good idea to bare a couple of cables with his teeth. 

You can guess the rest ! 

Fuckin hell

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

In Turkey designer sunglasses are the welders go to eye protection.

They are however very good on h&s signage, no-one takes any notice. Not a compo culture here either.

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Mostly Stone & Wood Pacific Ale, but also a couple of pints of Wolf of the Willows XPA.

Here’s the thing though, after my earlier 60th party post, I went to the shops. The girl in the green grocers asked me what I’d been up to over the weekend. “Went to a mates birthday party says I, bit depressing that I actually have a friend who is 60”.

”Oh, have you had your 60th yet?”

For fucks sake. 

But I thought that was young girl code for, "I would slam you all over the place "

17 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Australia's former PM who was heavily into cosplay publicity stunts had a go at welding 

08159230-912d-11ec-a4da-f9ce647b1d93.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1