You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

3 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

The kids I currently teach didn't know who Mo Farah was. When I spoke about the Olympics it dawned on me that none of them were born in 2012.

Olympics are great for measuring age.

I did a masters between 2008-2010. 

When I was sitting one of my final exams, a three hour job, I knew by then I’d have to strategically pace my drinking. I decided I could only open my bottle of Coke with 30 minutes to go.

Of course as soon as I drank it, I needed a piss and badly.

As I was contemplating the need for this piss and having finished as I was a 30 year old swat,  I looked around for some reason and upon seeing loads of 21/22 years olds in the exam hall I thought... most of these twats in here weren’t  even born when the Seoul Olympics were on. 

Now I manage, basically a younger version of me. He was born in 1995. Makes me sick the times I ask a question and follow up with...  of course you weren’t even fucking born. 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

I used to knock about with a bloke who regularly pissed himself after getting pissed.  He used to say his wife slept in the shallow end.  

Bloke who was married to my cousin years ago used to piss on stuff when he was drunk. He came home once and pissed on the kids' X Box and broke it. Another time he was working as a labourer in the north east and sharing a room with six lads, he came back one night and started pissing on them so they beat the shit out of him.

• Upvote 1

I  (don't) remember years back going on a night out in town with the new girlfriend (now wife) we stayed in the adephi and the room had these massive velvet blackout curtains and apparently I woke I the night feeling why way around the room and getting tangled in the curtains, she turned the light out I there is was pissing all over the curtains, windows, everything then got in bed like nothing happened.

I bet the cleaners never noticed or cleaned up. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

I  (don't) remember years back going on a night out in town with the new girlfriend (now wife) we stayed in the adephi and the room had these massive velvet blackout curtains and apparently I woke I the night feeling why way around the room and getting tangled in the curtains, she turned the light out I there is was pissing all over the curtains, windows, everything then got in bed like nothing happened.

You’re @Rico1304 secret account. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Judging from Trip Advisor I think you are probably correct.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Showing off alert

I booked one of those gym assessments today.

It started with standing on a machine that measured your weight and all kinds of other things.

My metabolic age came out at 42! I couldn’t be happier!!
I’ll probably get run over by a bus tomorrow 

• Upvote 12

55 minutes ago, Champ said:

Showing off alert

I booked one of those gym assessments today.

It started with standing on a machine that measured your weight and all kinds of other things.

My metabolic age came out at 42! I couldn’t be happier!!
I’ll probably get run over by a bus tomorrow 

Being so excited about hearing that you’re probably getting something right is very definitely a sign of getting older