You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

31 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Can’t eat big lunches or drink alcohol at lunchtime anymore. Just wipes me out for the afternoon. 

That's me too, though I call it dinner, but there's no way I could have a pint around 12 ish as you said it wipes you out, so I go out about 4pm then back by 9pm latest to put my pyjamas on, too many knobheads out after that anyway. 

52 minutes ago, Elite said:

Some Turkish barbers used to burn them off, not anymore though. Must be a health and safety nightmare.

Still have a singe mark on the top of my left ear caused by one of those Turkish loons doing that in a barbers shop opposite the Richmond pub in town.

3 hours ago, Mudface said:

I never really had it until a few years back, now there's a stubborn few hairs that continually grow just inside the lobe. Pain in the arse trying to clip them with a razor. I might have to become a completely old fart and get an actual ear hair remover.

You know it makes sense

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

Still have a singe mark on the top of my left ear caused by one of those Turkish loons doing that in a barbers shop opposite the Richmond pub in town.

There's another one just around there somewhere, used to be alright in there, the Richmond, not so good now. He has another pub the Victoria Star which is OK. 

Yesh getting your ears singed is a weird one, especially when they surprise you with it. I quite like getting my nose hairs done. They stick wax on cotton buds and put them up your nose, then they yank them out with a few dead spiders on. Best bit is seeing people's reaction to it, especially young mums in the waiting room with their kids.

You know you want it honey.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Yesh getting your ears singed is a weird one, especially when they surprise you with it. I quite like getting my nose hairs done. They stick wax on cotton buds and put them up your nose, then they yank them out with a few dead spiders on. Best bit is seeing people's reaction to it, especially young mums in the waiting room with their kids.

You know you want it honey.

Brother in law took my nephew who was 13 at time to Turkish barber's, he got his hair done but was surprised at his bill when my nephew got his ear hairs singed and a Turkish shave

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Yesterday whilst learning forward I looked.up suddenly and felt a pop in my neck. Now I'm in agony, stiff as Herman Munster and knocking back ibruprofen with Sierra Nevada IPA. 

My body is failing me 

Yep. I started at gym when I was 20, people said "oh watch that you'll pick up an injury "

Now I pick up injuries from lying at the wrong angle and make noises getting off a seat

14 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Yep. I started at gym when I was 20, people said "oh watch that you'll pick up an injury "

Now I pick up injuries from lying at the wrong angle and make noises getting off a seat

I hear you bro'. You try to suppress those 'old people's noises' but they have a life of their own.

15 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Yesterday whilst learning forward I looked.up suddenly and felt a pop in my neck. Now I'm in agony, stiff as Herman Munster and knocking back ibruprofen with Sierra Nevada IPA. 

My body is failing me 

After next to no sleep, I rang 111 and they advised me to go to A&E. After 3 hours I've got codiene and dizapan for the evenings.

15 hours ago, littletedwest said:

Lots of cafe/food places in Vietnam have those little foot high stools. When I first came over here my knees would make a noise like a rifle shot when I stood up.

• Upvote 1

Just walked up an alley way when two cunts on dead loud scrambler bikes come off the road to go through to the adjacent one, I said fuckin ' wanker as the 2nd one past me. 

It's just knowing I'd of knocked fuck out of the pair them at one time if they'd of stopped, so just as well they didn't, so I carried on taking my shopping home bristling with rage, pair of knobhead cunts. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, easytoslip said:

Just walked up an alley way when two cunts on dead loud scrambler bikes come off the road to go through to the adjacent one, I said fuckin ' wanker as the 2nd one past me. 

It's just knowing I'd of knocked fuck out of the pair them at one time if they'd of stopped, so just as well they didn't, so I carried on taking my shopping home bristling with rage, pair of knobhead cunts. 

And that's it in a nutshell.