You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Mook said:

Every night when I go to do the dishes I have to stop & go for a piss first. Like fucking clockwork.

Repped for doing the dishes comment. I thought we were the only family in Europe without a dishwasher. We see doing the dishes as a bit of quality time where we can have a chat with the kids and a bit of a laugh, also gets the lazy little fuckers away from their computers for longer than 5 minutes. Christ I'm getting old. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Repped for doing the dishes comment. I thought we were the only family in Europe without a dishwasher. We see doing the dishes as a bit of quality time where we can have a chat with the kids and a bit of a laugh, also gets the lazy little fuckers away from their computers for longer than 5 minutes. Christ I'm getting old. 

I usually do them while she's reading our oldest his bedtime story, gives me 15 minutes peace in the kitchen to listen to some music & have a wee dance depending on what sort of mood I'm in.

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
13 minutes ago, Mook said:

I usually do them while she's reading our oldest his bedtime story, gives me 15 minutes peace in the kitchen to listen to some music & have a wee dance depending on what sort of mood I'm in.

Our youngest has us playing that 'Guess the animal I'm thinking of game by asking one question at a time.' Educational or what.  

48 minutes ago, Mook said:

I agree, it's one of my favourite chores. I have no problem washing the dishes, drying them and wiping the surfaces but hoovering can fuck off.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Mook said:

I agree, it's one of my favourite chores. I have no problem washing the dishes, drying them and wiping the surfaces but hoovering can fuck off.

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Elite said:

I  don't mind hoovering, dusting or Ironing mate. Cleaning windows is my bug bear, leave that to the missus and tell her they look great. 

2 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I  don't mind hoovering, dusting or Ironing mate. Cleaning windows is my bug bear, leave that to the missus and tell her they look great. 

I hate all that shit. I'll cook and do the dishes every day but everything else my missus can do. I do a bit of DIY every now and again, so use that as my argument.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Elite said:

I hate all that shit. I'll cook and do the dishes every day but everything else my missus can do. I do a bit of DIY every now and again, so use that as my argument.

Yeah, I love cooking, plus I get to eat what I like mate. The older you get though everything becomes a bit of a chore, especially with picky kids. I regularly end up cooking two different meals due to this. Pain in the arse. 

11 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Fuck doing the dishes. I bought a dishwasher and IT CHANGED MY LIFE.

My kitchen being about the size of a Ford Mondeo means that doing them as a team wouldn’t work anyway but when I used to do the dishes I did the same as Mook. Music on. Little sing and dance. 

Does it smell of spunk?

• Upvote 2

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, Bernard Diomede said:

I played a 40 minute game of the unmentionable last night and feel like I’ve been hit by a bus. Thank god I was off today I could barely get out of bed. I’m 32 for fucks sake. 

All starts going downhill from here on in mate, especially if you have young children and little time between working and family life to fit in the sport. RIP and all that. 

I had to pick a parcel up on the way home today, mentioned I was very likely to forget. So, the apprentice got my phone and set a reminder to go off when walked near the shop (it’s on my way home to the station so had to walk past it).  Lo and behold when I got near the shop I got a text to remind me to go in. 

gamechanger.  

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...