You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

Guest Pistonbroke
2 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

i see your Henry, 

and you raise you with my Miele

mielecat.jpg

That's the same hoover as we have. Plus our neighbour works at the big Miele Factory in Bielefeld so we got it 30% cheaper and a shit load of bags thrown in for nothing. 

Plus definitely one for this thread, I was all excited when we got it, excited over a fucking Hoover. 

5 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I destroyed my one of those smiley faced cunts in a moment of Hoover rage after getting tangled up and the hose thing kept coming out thus turning my flat into ground zero and me covered in shite, I’ve a different one now with the scullery maid to do it, same fuckin’ noise though.

I like the look of Harry. For a start he is green not orange. 

Henry is horrible. For one, he is a fucking liar. He gets himself caught against the door frame when the cunt is round so should just spin around the frame when I pull at him. He has started spitting stuff back out on the other side of the room now. Petulant little twat. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I like the look of Harry. For a start he is green not orange. 

Henry is horrible. For one, he is a fucking liar. He gets himself caught against the door frame when the cunt is round so should just spin around the frame when I pull at him. He has started spitting stuff back out on the other side of the room now. Petulant little twat. 

Haha this is right , you’ll do it no more I said , I won’t be responsible for my actions, but would he listen.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

That's the same hoover as we have. Plus our neighbour works at the big Miele Factory in Bielefeld so we got it 30% cheaper and a shit load of bags thrown in for nothing. 

Plus definitely one for this thread, I was all excited when we got it, excited over a fucking Hoover. 

They're so bloody good.

We have ours nearly 10 years, and even when it did break, Miele collected it, and dropped it back to us, free of charge. Proper service.

My brother and parents have all gone through umpteen hoovers in that time to. Idiots, just pay the few bob once and have the best one on the market. 

Yep, im old, fuck it, i may have low testosterone these days, but my hoover is the shit!!!!

Guest Pistonbroke
31 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

They're so bloody good.

We have ours nearly 10 years, and even when it did break, Miele collected it, and dropped it back to us, free of charge. Proper service.

My brother and parents have all gone through umpteen hoovers in that time to. Idiots, just pay the few bob once and have the best one on the market. 

Yep, im old, fuck it, i may have low testosterone these days, but my hoover is the shit!!!!

Yeah, we have had Miele hoovers for years now, last one lasted well over 10 years and was still going well, we just wanted a new one. With our neighbour working there he said if you need a new attachment etc he can get it for us under the guarantee or dirt cheap if outside of the guarantee. We are of the same opinion when it comes to any electrical goods, buy from a reputable make like Miele and in the end you'll end up saving money and get a top product. I don't get these cheap skates (have a few mates who never listen to good advice) who think nothing of giving out 50-100 notes whilst out on the lash but by a whole carton of some shitty no name toothpaste (example) because it is on offer for 50 cents a tube. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The bird is working this evening so I’m playing dad. 

The youngest starts singing Proud Mary by Tina Turner and I compliment him on his taste in music. 

Me: That’s a great song, does mummy listen to that? 

Kid: No. It’s on an advert. Why? 
Me: Because it’s an old song and I was impressed you knew it. 
Kid: I know another old song, it goes “what’s that coming over the hill, is it a monster”? 

Had something similar the other day in work, two lads talking about their weekend and one says "Yeah, just stayed in and listened to some of my dads old school rock CD's, you know like Kings of Leon, Blink 182 and stuff like that"

I would have questioned his understanding of what rock music was if I wasn't crying too much inside.

• Upvote 1