You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

Maybe this should actually be in a separate "things that make you realise you've been in the motor trade" thread.

Had one of the kids at Uni asking why I was limping and ended up rattling off the list of bits of my body which are problematic.

Right knee is fucked to the point it never has any moment where it isn't sore, just that the pain varies, left knee is intermittently painful through general wear and tear, both collarbones have had fractures and give me intermittent pain and I also seem to have some kind of nerve damage in the left one. My neck hurts intermittently, I have 2 dodgy discs in my back which also seems to tie in with a dose of sciatica and I'm now fairly certain I am starting to experience the beginnings of arthritis because now whenever my legs or back get cold I get severe pain and the joints in my hand ache if I let them get cold.

So as far as I can tell, it's only my upper and lower arms which don't have any issues yet.

Steer clear of manual labour kids. It's not good for you. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/3/2018 at 2:32 PM, Jose Jones said:

Just back from seeing the Dead Kennedys. Jello Biafra is 60 and still absolutely fucking cool.

Pull yer selves together.

He hasn't sang for them in decades though. Are you sure you didn't see Jello Biafra & The Guantanamo School Of Medicine? Easy to forget when you're getting on. 

My old school class had a reunion recently & there was an article in the local paper back home. My Dad's cut it out & sent it up to me, the bastard. This bird who I thought was like Marilyn Monroe when I was 12 & who I had my first snog with was there & she has not aged well at all (she'll be 40 now), I really wish I could un-see it.

Another bird who I had a mad crush on later on at school also turned up & she's a swamp donkey now as well, devastating stuff.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

My old school class had a reunion recently & there was an article in the local paper back home. My Dad's cut it out & sent it up to me, the bastard. This bird who I thought was like Marilyn Monroe when I was 12 & who I had my first snog with was there & she has not aged well at all (she'll be 40 now), I really wish I could un-see it.

An other bird who I had a mad crush on later on at school also turned up & she's a swamp donkey now as well, devastating stuff.

Birds have a tremendous ability to 'swap' fitness as they get older. I've seen some stunners who were proper hounds back in the day, and former homecoming Queens who look like Bella Emberg.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Birds have a tremendous ability to 'swap' fitness as they get older. I've seen some stunners who were proper hounds back in the day, and former homecoming Queens who look like Bella Emberg.  

No 'swapping' had taken place, they were all absolute mutants.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mook said:

No 'swapping' had taken place, they were all absolute mutants.

Deffo happens though. Birds who've been rough when they were young and then look nice when they're older though are always a bit odd, they can never quite believe they're fit and tend to be a wee bit unhinged in the lack of confidence stakes, I speak from experience. 

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Deffo happens though. Birds who've been rough when they were young and then look nice when they're older though are always a bit odd, they can never quite believe they're fit and tend to be a wee bit unhinged in the lack of confidence stakes, I speak from experience. 

Hadn't realised you'd transitioned, Mark. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 3:58 PM, Mook said:

Another bird who I had a mad crush on later on at school also turned up & she's a swamp donkey now as well, devastating stuff.

Maybe you're just a bunch of bad nonces that prefer girls when they are in high school. 

Jimmy-savile1 (1).jpg

• Downvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

40 in a couple of months

My hair is going very thin on top

Went to the pub on Saturday night & my missus was saying she felt too old to be in there (she's 9 years younger than me)

I've started to think about my Will

I often see young birds on the telly now & just think they look like twats, not even a twitch

I tutted at a boy snorting bingo in the toilet in the boozer at the weekend

I like getting the living room to myself so I can stick some jazz on & think about the universe

Pissing is starting to become a real hassle

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Mook said:

40 in a couple of months

My hair is going very thin on top

Went to the pub on Saturday night & my missus was saying she felt too old to be in there (she's 9 years younger than me)

I've started to think about my Will

I often see young birds on the telly now & just think they look like twats, not even a twitch

I tutted at a boy snorting bingo in the toilet in the boozer at the weekend

I like getting the living room to myself so I can stick some jazz on & think about the universe

Pissing is starting to become a real hassle

Wills are not about age as such. You’ve got kids, get them bloody sorted out! 

• Upvote 1