You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

Do you drink much before you go to bed Anny? Or are you stressed? Both could be causes. But yeah, middle age and the prostate deffo gets weaker.

Stressd to fuck.

I tried to get jobs as a pleb. Carrying wood. Stacking shelves. Never even got an interview.

Now I am an international commercial manager for a new company.

Lucky if I get 4 hours a night. Solid, probably 7/8 total but half of that is fighting to sleep.

walking out of pubs.

I try not to drink these days but when in company and I’ve had enough I just fuck off.

I left a place last night after a curry and beers and just fucked off to bed.

Been told today that was rude. .

Snap!!

I’ll be honest for a good few years now when I’ve had enough I just leave without saying anything to anyone (except if I’m just out with 1 mate)

That can be whether I’m pissed or just bored

Is it rude, maybe, but I’d rather just go then go through a round of goodbyes etc

I put it down to a low boredom / bullshit threshold

Crack on though, leave when you’re done.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Maybe I'm a masochist, but I prefer plucking them. There's something satisfying about the fact it makes my nose run and I start sneezing; I feel alive!.

‘Start’ sneezing? I’m still going days later if I start to pluck. 

Might have something to do with plucking out clumps rather than single hairs though. 

7 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

When your Uni cohorts unanimously ask and vote for you to be their student representative making you think that they see you as a responsible and organised equal but later a 21 year old girl tells you it's because "You're like everyone's dad"

I had it were a girl at work accidentally called me dad. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trying to organise an impromptu afternoon in the pub.

My local was doing an Oktoberfest homage this weekend, it slipped me by until I seen a post on Facebook earlier that all pints were £1.75 all day today. Sent out texts to see if anyone fancies it and got nothing. Too short notice, plans already made, working tomorrow etc. One of my mates declined because they don't do "normal" beers like Fosters or Carling.

Life feels over.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Trying to organise an impromptu afternoon in the pub.

My local was doing an Oktoberfest homage this weekend, it slipped me by until I seen a post on Facebook earlier that all pints were £1.75 all day today. Sent out texts to see if anyone fancies it and got nothing. Too short notice, plans already made, working tomorrow etc. One of my mates declined because they don't do "normal" beers like Fosters or Carling.

Life feels over.

What's normal about Fosters and Carling? I think he meant pig's phlegm

On 10/12/2018 at 9:42 AM, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

I was 38 with a women 30 and she acted like I was ancient. 

Mind you the pipe, slipper and Horlicks didn’t help.

Although sometimes she enjoyed my pipe.

Some bird in work is all over me. I’m 37 and I reckon she is about 22. I reckon I look about 8 years younger than I am. She’s always messaging me on the office communicator thing. She looks so young. Slim, no fat on her, perfect ass and tits .... someone help me! 

15 minutes ago, Ginny said:

Some bird in work is all over me. I’m 37 and I reckon she is about 22. I reckon I look about 8 years younger than I am. She’s always messaging me on the office communicator thing. She looks so young. Slim, no fat on her, perfect ass and tits .... someone help me! 

Smash 'er lad.

• Upvote 2