You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

I've not listened to the radio since I left school.

It's either people playing bad music or talking incessantly, both of which are things that I fucking hate.

The exact reasons why I hardly listen to it. I don't want to hear some idiot DJ babbling on and nor do I want to listen to adverts either. Music is the main reason radio exists yet you wouldn't believe it was.

this morning I officially graduated to Smooth FM in the car. I usually have Heart FM on in the morning but this morning I just thought to myself 'what's this fucking racket?' it was actually giving me a headache, so I put some Marvin Gaye on.

I fucking hate that Heart FM.  Every song is written or performed by Ed Sheeran, fact. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have to get up in the middle of the night for a piss. Every. Single. Fucking. Night.

Or maybe I've got prostrate cancer.

I'm sick of getting old and/or having cancer.

Really? fucking hell Rich go and have a check up. Even I don’t have to do that. Mind you, the bed looks like the Monday morning after Glastonbury when I wake up.

That All Saints song “never never have I ever felt so low” - was 20 year old this week

For 20 years I've wondered why the first line is "A few questions that I need to know" instead of "A few answers....."

Modern music in general is just shite. I had to listen to Capital FM today and I swear they played the same song 4 times in a row. Post Malone? Cunt Malone.

I have to get up in the middle of the night for a piss. Every. Single. Fucking. Night.

Or maybe I've got prostrate cancer.

I'm sick of getting old and/or having cancer.

I do that too. I put it down to working late and drinking anything an hour before I go to sleep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwYX52BP2Sk

Thinking back on how fucking good this album was the first time I heard it stoned. Some years under the belt since then. Better times than I could appreciate at the time.

First heard this on shrooms. Fucking ace night, put it on over and over again. That was 1991, at which point DSOTM was 20 years old and it seemed ancient. Looking at the album's that were released in 1998, they don't seem like they've been around as long as all that.

Perspective, I feel fucking old.

• Upvote 1

Was in the changing rooms at Next and with all the mirrors I could see how gigantic my bald spot has got at the back of my Swede. Due to my thick hair face on I barely look to be balding at all but birds eye view or when wet is a totally different story. Makes it hard to know when to admit defeat and shave it all off, so got a bald mate to promise to let me know when the time comes.

I seem to have become much more aware of the cleanliness of my toilets

Then my son hasn’t reached this stage yet.

He’s been in charge of cleaning the downstairs loo but he started a new job last week so I thought I’d give it a thorough once over.

I start to run some water and discover the sink is blocked and the water won’t drain away. Anyway I pretty much manage to sort it but decide to gently ask him about it on his return.

Me: How long’s the sink been blocked

J: Ah, ages

Me: Did you not think to tell anyone?

J: I did. I told K (his girlfriend)

Arrgghhhhhh! You know what I meant don’t you?