You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

I miss those days. Has been about 11 years for me. I moved our bedroom around so when I get up, I can pull myself up using a part of the wall that juts or slightly.

Most moves I make these days are arranged around trying to not make my back fail.

Getting up off the couch, getting out of bed, getting out of my car, putting the bins out, anything I do in work, all specially choreographed to not lay me in bed for weeks.

May as well put me out of my misery and kill me now.

Most moves I make these days are arranged around trying to not make my back fail.

Getting up off the couch, getting out of bed, getting out of my car, putting the bins out, anything I do in work, all specially choreographed to not lay me in bed for weeks.

And even that won't stop it just deciding to go for no apparent reason.

what have you done to your back Rich?

They're a great wee tool. I use these now instead. Poached eggs in the microwave (technically not poached but very similar) in a minute or two. So handy.

Titty bars depress me. I no longer think of the lasses as attractive bits of meat. I can't help thinking of them as people who probably didn't have the ambition to be leered at and pawed by a succession of sweaty drunks.

(And if any of the women did have that ambition, that's even more depressing.)

• Upvote 1

Titty bars depress me. I no longer think of the lasses as attractive bits of meat. I can't help thinking of them as people who probably didn't have the ambition to be leered at and pawed by a succession of sweaty drunks.

I've never been near one in my life. I think that if you are paying extortionate prices for drinks and also to have them rub body parts in your face without you touching,you'd be better off paying a prostitute so you can at least empty your sack.

I don't like strip clubs either, I remember one night telling a girl to get out my way because I was trying to watch the F**tball on the telly, I haven't been in one for 10 years thank fuck. I was forced into a lap dance by a mate once (he paid for it without telling me) & it was one of the most bizarre experiences of my life, never again.

I saw the most composed debut in years last nite by master reid - top class stuff and a motm to boot

The guy was pure cool ...some excellent passing and cut some real intelligent balls to the strikers .......shit opposition I know and bit of perspective neded etc but for a debut it could not have been better ........I really hope that we go in for him :)

At least the girls get paid. I'd say its the men who are the saddest sacks.

I remember getting dragged to a bar in Kirkdale by a mate in the early 90's because a stripper was on. The girl was, to put it mildly, a skank and her "party piece" was putting out a cigar by doing the splits. The boozer was just full of auld fellas drinking pints of 50 who frankly couldnt care less, the girl clearly didnt want to be there and i was so embarrassed that i tried to hide in the space between the fruity and the wall. A truly horrific experience for everyone, apart from my mate who loved it. It put me off for life.

In terms of lap dancing bars, I've also never seen the attraction of paying for being frustrated, it's bad enough watching the Reds.      

I too have an egg poacher and can vouch for its ability. Mine also can do pasta, popcorn, curries, warm babies bottles, make stew etc. The brand I cannot remember put I think it is Pan.

Poached popcorn can't be good. (smiley face)

I can do a great poached egg. None of this swirling the water around nonsense. Just good, fresh eggs in a pan of water. Easy.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Took the young lad and his elder brother to this quiet area to fly his Drone this afternoon. One fucking tree, and guess where the drone ended up?! Yep, about 20 foot up this tree caught in the branches. The dirty red Baron, my youngest son is not, flying skills of a 2 day old chick falling out of a nest. So I decided to climb this tree to get it back, took me fucking ages and my body feels and looks like I have gone 10 rounds in the ring with that Monkey with a knife, cuts everywhere. My advice, when you are over 50 don't go climbing big fucking trees! 

I remember getting dragged to a bar in Kirkdale by a mate in the early 90's because a stripper was on. The girl was, to put it mildly, a skank and her "party piece" was putting out a cigar by doing the splits. The boozer was just full of auld fellas drinking pints of 50 who frankly couldnt care less, the girl clearly didnt want to be there and i was so embarrassed that i tried to hide in the space between the fruity and the wall. A truly horrific experience for everyone, apart from my mate who loved it. It put me off for life.

In terms of lap dancing bars, I've also never seen the attraction of paying for being frustrated, it's bad enough watching the Reds.

Old fellas of 50?

Why you little.....

Went for a haircut yesterday and the girl offered to trim my eyebrows. Not shape or do anything weird, just get rid of the stupidly long hairs

Does look better

Thank god my ears are not hairy yet

I'm going to get my nose and ears waxed today in the Turkish barber's. Had the nose done a couple of months back and could breathe much better. Magical.

. Have a go at anti-gravity yoga if there is any nearby - great for stretching yer back out and building core strength.

I go a couple of times a week, normally plenty of Totty in tight fitting Lycra and yer can keep yer eye out for the ones who are gonna give themselves black eyes when inverted.

• Upvote 1