You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

Guest Pistonbroke

When you have to use driving glasses, even more so when 70% of the time you get into your journey and realise you have forgotten the cunting things. 

Ahh, forgot to mention they are also for watching the TV. Might be worth just buying a second pair.

Definitely get some. It used to drive me mad when the missus forgot glasses for driving so I forced her to get a pair to keep in her car - her standard response was "ah, don't worry, I don't really need them"

Guest Pistonbroke

Definitely get some. It used to drive me mad when the missus forgot glasses for driving so I forced her to get a pair to keep in her car - her standard response was "ah, don't worry, I don't really need them"

I could get a pair with a chain on them to hang around my neck. 

Nothing wrong with slippers, love mine, except for when they make me stumble which is constantly

I wear the flip flop style of slipper instead of the full foot ones these days. I think they are called 'pool shoes' or whatever in shops but are just flip flops without the bit between the toes. No sweatiness either.

In bed, at 7pm, cursing fireworks, kids, dogs and any other cunt that dares to make noise cause I've an early start tomorrow.

Same here.

My shifts start tomorrow and i have to be up at 5am.

It dawned on me before its bommy night and its saturday. This means not only is there going to be fireworks but as its saturday they are very likely going to going off all hours into the night.

Luckily enough i brought some ear plugs home from work the other day when the cunts at the back where getting their roof done.

I miss bonfire night. Love being round a big fire, watching the guy slowly go up. Mulled wine, baked potatoes and we used to have a big pot of chilli to keep us warm. Smell of fireworks was actually quite nice as well

Suggested that we recreate the burning of Catholics here and just got a bunch of strange looks