You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

Much to the amusement of my colleagues I still buy CD's.

I've bought a couple recently for in the car. The Bluetooth stereo I used to have doesn't work in the car we've got now which is a right twat.

Having said that, my three year old now knows most of the words to about 12 Stone Roses songs and whenever my bird's driving the little one says "Eeeurgh, switch that mummy music off and put the roses on".

• Upvote 3

I've just bought a new house. The boiler sounds like some kind of flying avengers aircraft carrier. I've a list of things that need buying that's so long a new boiler is a distant dream.

Amen, mine sounds like the Tin Woodsman's bowels after a hastily arranged barbecue. 

My 13 year old son insists on showing me 'hilarious' clips of things on YouTube.i have yet to see anything remotely funny. I honestly think kids today are so dull they will literally laugh at anything.

My eldest watches American youtube videos of people excitedly opening bags of shit toys; proper head shaking going on.
  • Upvote 1

We've just switched our mortgage so have had a rebate from the old company. I treated myself to a new Hoover - one I'd researched on my Which account.

This feels wrong, but here goes anyways:

I'm about to treat myself to a new vacuum, so what did your research throw up.  All I know is that Dyson have the best adverts and the guy has an English accent.

My eldest watches American youtube videos of people excitedly opening bags of shit toys; proper head shaking going on.

My youngest does that, she'll sit their for an hour watching some daft tart open Disney princess eggs.

Rather than play Minecraft, she'll watch videos of some Irish girl playing it. Head-scratching stuff.

I've seen kids watching videos of people opening kinder eggs, which is just mind blowing.

The fella next door to my mate is a dealer, and if someone is after something, he'll often leave it in a kinder egg in a little hole in his back wall, I've often thought this would be great to upload for kids to watch too.

• Upvote 1

This feels wrong, but here goes anyways:

I'm about to treat myself to a new vacuum, so what did your research throw up.  All I know is that Dyson have the best adverts and the guy has an English accent.

I bought one of these and it's about a billion times better than a Dyson. Still pricey mind, at £200, but if you're in the market for a Dyson then you should get this.

https://sharkbrilliant.co.uk

I bought one of these and it's about a billion times better than a Dyson. Still pricey mind, at £200, but if you're in the market for a Dyson then you should get this.

https://sharkbrilliant.co.uk

Clicked the link, and I immediately hate the brand because of the late night advertising style.

Also I realised I have their steam cleaner which I have never used.

My youngest does that, she'll sit their for an hour watching some daft tart open Disney princess eggs.

Rather than play Minecraft, she'll watch videos of some Irish girl playing it. Head-scratching stuff.

I dont get the appeal of Minecraft at all, my two lads love it, it looks dreadful, when i ask "what's the point of this?" they both say, "you get to build stuff" - wow, what happened to winning races, scoring goals or being a blue hedgehog running around dead fast?

But watching videos of other people playing it is taking boredom to a whole new level.

If their was any justice in the world people who work in outgoing call centres, the companies who own them, all of their share holders and their families should all be put to death.

I haven't had an accident and I've never had PPI so please just fuck off. 

You getting these on your mobile or landline?