You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top Ten Conspiracy Theories

Plewggs

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/20/revealed-man-behind-fast-growing-cult-becoming-the-new-qanon-sabmyk-network

Thank fuck, I've been looking for a decent cult for ages. This looks a good one, and I should know, I've followed a few.

Unmasked: man behind cult set to replace QAnon
The creator of the rapidly growing ‘Sabmyk Network’ is said to be a Berlin art dealer with a record of media manipulation
The mysterious individual behind a new and rapidly growing online disinformation network targeting followers of QAnon, the far-right cult, can be revealed as a Berlin-based artist with a history of social media manipulation, a prominent anti-racism group claims.

Since Donald Trump left the White House, QAnon’s vast online community has been in a state of flux as it comes to terms with the reality that its conspiracy theories – such as the former US president being destined to defeat a cabal of Satan-worshipping paedophiles – amount to nothing.

That may explain why significant numbers have turned to a new far-right network, found mostly on the Telegram messaging app, that is growing quickly in the UK and globally and has amassed more than one million subscribers so far this year.
Called the Sabmyk Network, like QAnon it is a convoluted conspiracy theory that features fantastical elements and is headed by a mysterious messianic figure. Since its emergence there has been widespread speculation about who that figure might be. The person who first posted as “Q” has never been positively identified.

This week the British anti-fascist group Hope Not Hate will unmask Sabmyk’s leader, who it claims is 45-year-old German art dealer Sebastian Bieniek. It says Bieniek – who has not responded to questions from the Observer – has a history of creating online conspiracies and even wrote a book in 2011 called RealFake that detailed a campaign to deceptively promote his work.

But Hope Not Hate says the speed of Sabmyk’s growth serves as a warning of the opportunities for manipulation that exist on social media, particularly unregulated alt-tech platforms such as Telegram.

Gregory Davis of Hope Not Hate, which will publish its annual report into the far right on Monday, said: “His success in developing such a huge audience is a reminder that the QAnon template of anonymous online manipulation will continue to pose a threat in the years to come.”

Since 21 December last year, when Sabmyk was supposedly “awakened”, more than 136 channels in English, German, Japanese, Korean and Italian have sprung up, adding tens of thousands of followers on a daily basis.

Much of Sabmyk’s content is designed to appeal to QAnon followers; it features Covid mask scepticism, anti-vaccine conspiracies and false assertions that the 2020 US election was stolen from Trump.

Some is also designed to actively recruit Britons: one Sabmyk channel, the British Patriotic Party, uses the same branding as anti-Muslim group Britain First and posts about the mayor of London, Sadiq Khan.

Other channels are entitled London Post and Liverpool Times, as well as the Great Awakening UK, a reference to a well-known QAnon trope predicting a day of reckoning in which Trump would rise against his liberal enemies. Others include WWG1WGA, an acronym for the QAnon rallying call “where we go one, we go all.”

Among the clues used to identify Bieniek are posts saying that the messiah Sabmyk can be identified by specific marks on his body. One post claimed that Sabmyk would have “17 V-shaped scars” on his arm, the result of a “prophetic ceremony at the age of 24”.
Hope Not Hate has found a since-deleted section on Bieniek’s website recalling a 1999 art exhibit in which, aged 24, he cut V-shaped wounds into his arm for 16 days in a row.

Attempts to connect Sabmyk to Trump have been made, including a clip that splices together instances of the former president saying “17”, and a doctored image showing him with a Sabmyk pamphlet in his suit pocket.

Bieniek has created countless false identities, according to the Hope Not Hate investigation, to promote his career as an artist. The group also says his German Wikipedia page has been deleted at least four times, most recently in January.

A list of Bieniek’s accounts has been sent to platforms including Telegram with a call for them to be removed on the basis of “inauthentic and coordinated platform manipulation”. Telegram has been approached for comment.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 21/10/2013 at 21:23, dennis tooth said:

Anyone have any theories about Somerton Man/Taman Shud Case?

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FTaman_Shud_Case&ei=gYxlUvPENqel0wX114DYDQ&usg=AFQjCNGQDJPG-XQs-X8Bsb8u19f-TtREEA&bvm=bv.54934254,d.d2k

I dont know what to make of it myself, one thing I do know, my next door neighbour's cat knows something, which disturbs me.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/05/31/australia/australia-somerton-man-mystery-intl-hnk-dst/index.html

University of Adelaide professor Derek Abbott first heard about the Somerton man in 1995, and has spent several years campaigning for his body to be exhumed so scientists can analyze his DNA to determine his identity. 

The exhumation finally happened last month in the city's West Terrace Cemetery, where the Somerton man was buried in 1949, under a headstone marked "the unknown man".

At the grave site, South Australia Police Detective Superintendent Des Bray told reporters the exhumation was about much more than closing the file on one of Australia's most-intriguing cases.

"It's important for everybody to remember the Somerton man is not just a curiosity, or a mystery to be solved. It's somebody's father, son, perhaps grandfather, uncle or brother, and that's why we're doing this and trying to identify him," Bray said.

"There are people we know that live in Adelaide, they believe they may be related," he said. "And they deserve to have a definitive answer."

Those people include Abbott's wife, Rachel Egan, who he met after sending her a letter to explain why he thought she may be the Somerton man's granddaughter. After a single dinner dominated by talk of death and DNA, the pair decided to marry. They now have three children, a girl aged 8 and twins aged 6, and they are all are waiting to find out Mr S's true identity. 

"Whether he's related to one of us or not, we've kind of adopted him into our family, anyway, because it's him that has brought us together," said Abbott. "His cause of death isn't really what is of interest anymore. It's more who was he and can we give him his name back."

The remains are now in the Forensic Science SA lab in Adelaide where scientists are determining the best way to analyze them. 

Linzi Wilson-Wilde, director of Forensic Science SA, said the process had been complicated by the length of time the remains had spent in the ground, and the embalming process.

"Embalming chemicals are designed to preserve remains, but they do that by breaking down the protein inside the body, so that there's nothing available for bacteria to consume. It does have a very detrimental effect in degrading the DNA," she said.

On 18/03/2021 at 20:06, Anubis said:

Le Tissier going full conspiracy theory nut.

What the fucks going on with the modern day retired footballer? Years ago they'd finish playing, buy a pub, do all their money betting greyhounds then be all over the papers discussing the breakdown of their marriage.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

What's the deal with anti-maskers who say the Government want us to wear masks "to control us"?

How is that even supposed to work?

You'd think they'd be for it as 'they' won't be so easily able to identify them on CCTV.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well the fascist fucks are finally going and doing it, I'm sure it's with our general health in mind. Time for me to get a water distiller shortly.

Fluoride is expected to be added to drinking water across the country after Britain’s chief medical officers concluded that the mineral would cut tooth decay.

Chris Whitty, the chief medical officer for England, and his counterparts in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland cited estimates by Public Health England that adding more fluoride to water supplies would reduce cavities by 17% among the richest children and 28% among the poorest.

They also dismissed safety concerns saying there is no evidence that ionised form of the element fluorine causes cancer and condemned “exaggerated and unevidenced” suggestions about health risks.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/sep/23/fluoride-will-be-added-to-uk-drinking-water-to-cut-tooth-decay

12 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Already added to the water in

the West Midlands
the North East
the East Midlands
Eastern England
the North West
Yorkshire and Humber

Decisions taken at a local authority level.

This is from Yorkshire Water :

As it stands, none of Yorkshire Water’s supply is artificially fluoridated.

https://www.yorkshirewater.com/education/fluoride/

Not sure if that's right or not, going to hope it is. I'd forgotten about this for ages.

Just think of it as the start of your drive to improve the overall health of the nation.

If it puts your mind at rest Humberside is where people are receiving artificially fluoridated water, yorkshire and humber is the region.

Some of these scheme's have been running from the 60's/70's

57 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Just think of it as the start of your drive to improve the overall health of the nation.

If it puts your mind at rest Humberside is where people are receiving artificially fluoridated water, yorkshire and humber is the region.

Some of these scheme's have been running from the 60's/70's

Not sure where you're getting your info. South of the Humber maybe? North of it there's Hull and East Riding where I am, and here's from 3 years ago :

Unpopular fluoride scheme for Hull and East Yorkshire residents 'will not happen'

Yorkshire Water is carrying out a £68,000 feasibility study, but Cabinet member Phil Webster said he would not countenance the spending of “one more penny on this foolhardy scheme” and there was “no appetite for it whatsoever.”

He said it was “too expensive, undemocratic and unproven,” adding: “I’ve always said I think it is forced medication by the State. To quote Monty Python the scheme is no more. I am in charge of finance and I can confidently say it won’t be happening.”

New health and wellbeing chairwoman Coun Hester Bridges said fluoridation was “unlikely,” given the lack of “overwhelming” evidence and “massive” opposition.

They also have to get East Riding Council to agree, as 87,000 residents would also get added fluoride.

She said: “If there was a groundswell of people demanding fluoride I think we would be giving it more consideration - but there isn’t. People are saying very clearly they want (to make) that choice.”

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/unpopular-fluoride-scheme-hull-and-east-yorkshire-residents-will-not-happen-1759641

2 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Well the fascist fucks are finally going and doing it, I'm sure it's with our general health in mind. Time for me to get a water distiller shortly.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/sep/23/fluoride-will-be-added-to-uk-drinking-water-to-cut-tooth-decay

Christ. So much for informed consent. And when so many countries are abandoning the practice too.

You notice they never explain why countries without fluoridation like Belgium and Denmark have better dental health than countries like the USA, which do have it.

13 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Christ. So much for informed consent. And when so many countries are abandoning the practice too.

You notice they never explain why countries without fluoridation like Belgium and Denmark have better dental health than countries like the USA, which do have it.

I can't remember how different countries compare from last looking at this, I can remember reading about how toxic that crap is though and how much there was about the potential damage it can cause over time. With some luck there'll be a good amount of resistance to it that'll either make them change their minds or local councils will be able to block it in as many places as possible.