You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top Ten Conspiracy Theories

Plewggs

gullible cranks

Gullible and crank are so different that they don't really work next to each other to describe either someone, or a group of people. It's either one or the other, right? In those cases you're either easily believing something, or you're knowingly pushing something that's off.

So that looks like a badly failed troll.

For cranks though, you should look at the corrupt politicians you worship, maybe. And you could be the gullible one too in that case.

That Rappaport piece is woeful. It reads like a piss-poor adolescent attempt at dystopian sci-fi. Every sentence is either demonstrably, stupidly wrong or an incomprehensible jumble of barely-connected (but, no doubt, clever-sounding) words. I am, however, inclined to agree that the brain might not be the organ that his ideas spring from.

• Upvote 2

Rappaport attacks mainstream science and materialism, and points to the power of the mind, which can then bring up the idea that evolution isn't so matter-based either. For that alone I knew it wasn't going to be popular for some on here. I posted it anyway because I think that it has some good points. If we were to understand the truth about what's going on at the moment, and have all of the evidence laid out before us, I think Rappaport would be fairly justified, even if he was shown to have gone over the top. The over the top isn't what I was bothered about, it was some of his arguments, which make for me, an interesting conspiracy theory that could contain several facts, not something that has to be 100% right.

That Rappaport piece is woeful. It reads like a piss-poor adolescent attempt at dystopian sci-fi. Every sentence is either demonstrably, stupidly wrong or an incomprehensible jumble of barely-connected (but, no doubt, clever-sounding) words.

Slightly biased.

I am, however, inclined to agree that the brain might not be the organ that his ideas spring from.

Well if it's consciousness it's likely that ideas don't "spring" from any of our brains. Science has a lot of work to do on that though so there's no point in arguing it, especially when so many of the people that would argue with me on here are materialist, and backed up by materialist science that hasn't been at all balanced when it comes to looking for alternatives (even if that is slowly changing.)

I made it clear I wasn't going to get into arguments trying to defend it and won't do if I can help it. Just thought I'd make at least one response.

• Downvote 1

I can't comment on his other writings, because I've never read any (that I can remember) but that piece there is badly-written claptrap. That's not biased, just an honest opinion. I could go into detail about its flaws, but, Jesus, I'd be here all night! Like you, I've no inclination to get involved in this, but I do refute the accusation of bias.

I can't comment on his other writings, because I've never read any (that I can remember) but that piece there is badly-written claptrap. That's not biased, just an honest opinion. I could go into detail about its flaws, but, Jesus, I'd be here all night! Like you, I've no inclination to get involved in this, but I do refute the accusation of bias.

Ok. Not sure if you were even doing it deliberately, I just thought it seemed biased, I get that I could've been wrong though, and apologies if so.

Rappoport brought up Patrick Wood early in that article, which started me off looking into the idea a bit further. Even Patrick Wood, for me, goes a bit over the top, but he has done some solid research over several decades as far as I can tell. This is partly down to him pairing up with Antony Sutton for two of his books, Trilaterals Over Washington (vols 1 and 2), which helped him understand a fair bit about how the so called elites work.

Anyway Wood mentions Zbigniew Brzezinski's book, Between Two Ages: America's Role in the Technetronic Era, and also that Brzezinski is either a technocrat himself, or at least was at one point. The book does bring up technocracy, and I've been skimming through some of it. It also deals with America, how it adapts to technological and social change, geopolitics, (and a fair bit of bashing the left, which isn't surprising) and covers quite a lot of different subjects. But he does realize himself even back then (book was written in 1970), that technocracy was a valid threat (and he also recommends in this book one of Antony Sutton's works himself.)

I couldn't copy and paste properly from the link, it split all of the words up, so I got a screenshot :

3peMG3a.png

He also mentioned the problem in relation to Russia, which isn't much of a surprise because he appears to be as obsessed with Russia in this as he is with going on about the left :

QKKlHUV.png

From here : http://showothers.com/uploads/Zbigniew_Brzezinski__Between_Two_Ages.pdf

So I get that Rappoport might be jumping to conclusions in some cases, but I do think he has some valid points that have been at least partly echoed by many others over the years, and that his writing on this subject is in no way totally off.

Last post for now hopefully, want to go off and do some music instead. In fact I'm not sure where else there is to go personally, from this point. This to me is more or less peak madness when it comes to what's going on with America and the shit that's being inflicted on so many other people via their government, think tanks, media, agencies, and so on. Might post a video related to this later if I find one though.

It's about the Skull and Bones Society (George Bush and John Kerry are both members. Bush's father and grandfather were also members too. Huge list of others here.)

From the intro to Antony Sutton's 'America's Secret Establishment: An Introduction to the Order of Skull and Bones' (one amazon.uk review has "Get this book on the National Curriculum now. University or Secondary, preferably both." Yeah, that'd be kind of interesting, to say the least.) :

Introduction for 2002 Edition

America's Secret Establishment has had an unusual publishing history.

The book began with an anonymous donation to the author of an 8-inch package of documents in the early 1980s. Nothing less than the membership list and supporting documents for a truly secret society the Yale Skull and Bones.

The late Johnny Johnson, of Phoenix Arizona was the spark that moved me to write first a four-part series and later, a jumbo volume based on this material. This volume went to several editions with several publishers, even a Russian edition of 12,000 copies. Probably in the past few years, as many copies have been sold in Russia as in the United States.

America's Secret Establishment has had little publicity, few reviews ignored by mainline distributors yet, has sold steadily for the past 16 years at a rate of several hundred copies a month.

This activity, in turn, has generated other articles and books by other authors. But my real intent, to generate an exploration of Hegelian influence in modern America, has not been fulfilled. In great part, this can be attributed to an educational system based on a statist-Hegelian philosophy, and which has already achieved the "dumbing down" of America.

This disastrous, destructive philosophy, the source of both Naziism and Marxism, has infected and corrupted our constitutional republic. Much of the blame for this corruption is with an elitist group of Yalie "Bonesmen." Their symbol of Skull and Bones, and their Hegelian philosophy, says it all, although with typical duplicity, they would have you believe otherwise.

Hegelianism glorifies the State, the vehicle for the dissemination of statist and materialist ideas and policies in education, science, politics and economics.

Wonder why we have a "dumbed-down" society?

Look no further than the Bonesman troika who imported the Prussian education system into the U.S. in the 19th Century. A political philosophy in direct opposition to the classical liberalism nurtured in 19th Century British and American history. In classical liberalism, the State is always subordinate to the individual. In Hegelian Statism, as we see in Naziism and Marxism, the State is supreme, and the individual exists only to serve the State.

Our two-party Republican-Democrat (one Hegelian party, no one else welcome or allowed) system is a reflection of this Hegelianism. A small group - a very small group - by using Hegel, can manipulate, and to some extent, control society for its own purposes.

More than that, reflect on their pirate flag. An emblem found on poison bottles, the symbol of the Nazi Death Head Division in World War Two. Not only did Skull and Bones become a major force in drug smuggling (the Bush and Prescott families in the 1860s), but in true Hegelian fashion, generated the antithesis, the so-called "war on drugs." This hypocritical policy maintains the price of drugs, controls supply, and puts millions in jail while the gainers, in great part, are none other than the same "Bonesmen" who pass the laws to prohibit (Bonesman Taft, 1904).

Right and Left - A Control Device

For Hegelians, the State is almighty, and seen as "the march of God on earth." Indeed, a State religion.

Progress in the Hegelian State is through contrived conflict: the clash of opposites makes for progress. If you can control the opposites, you dominate the nature of the outcome.

We trace the extraordinary Skull and Bones influence in a major Hegelian conflict: Naziism vs. Communism. Skull and Bones members were in the dominant decision-making positions - Bush, Harriman, Stimson, Lovett, and so on - all Bonesmen, and instrumental in guiding the conflict through use of "right" and "left." They financed and encouraged the growths of both philosophies and controlled the outcome to a significant extent. This was aided by the "reductionist" division in science, the opposite of historical "wholeness." By dividing science and learning into narrower and narrower segments, it became easier to control the whole through the parts.

In education, the Dewey system was initiated and promoted by Skull and Bones members. Dewey was an ardent statist, and a believer in the Hegelian idea that the child exists to be trained to serve the State. This requires suppression of individualist tendencies and a careful spoon-feeding of approved knowledge. This "dumbing down" of American education is not easily apparent unless you have studied in both foreign and domestic U.S. universities - then the contrast becomes crystal clear.

This dumbing down is now receiving attention. Two excellent books are The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America, by Charlotte Thomson Iserbyt, and The Dumbing Down of America, by John Taylor Gotta. Both books trace this process to the impact of education, and both give remarkable detail of the process. We go further, in that we trace the import of the system to three Yalies members of Skull & Bones.

For Iserbyt, in The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America, the American education system begins with Rockefeller and Gates. But in fact, this statist system is a reflection of the Hegelian ideas brought to the United States by the Skull and Bones "troika" of Gilman, White and Dwight, and then financed by Rockefeller.

What is to be Done?

If the voting public was even vaguely aware of this rampant and concealed scenario, it could, and possibly would force change. However, this is not a likely possibility. Most people are "go-along" types, with limited personal objectives and a high threshold for official misdeeds.

What has taken over a century to establish cannot be changed in a few years. The initial question is education. To eliminate the Hegelian system that stifles individual initiative and trains children to become mindless zombies, serving the State.

We need a lot less propaganda for "education" and a more individual creative search for learning. Instead of more money for education, we need to allocate a lot less. The existing system of education is little more than a conditioning mechanism. It has little to do with education in the true sense, and a lot to do with control of the individual.

It is more likely that time, rather than the voting booth, will erode the secret power of this Yale group, Nothing this outrageous can survive forever.

Antony Sutton

Online version here : http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/esp_sociopol_skullbones11.htm#CONTENTS

• Downvote 1

With the less for education bit at the end : I'm going to guess Sutton meant less for that system of education, which to him is broken (and he's probably right), and more money into alternative forms. Just saying to hopefully prevent anyone starting on me about that part.

I had a mate when I was a kid whose Dad was quite high up in CID. He got into a dispute over some issue when building an extension.

His neighbor who was a long distance lorry driver sued him. He was declared bankrupt 6 months later lost his lorry and had his house repossessed

Obviously this is a different level but if a local copper with his mates can destroy someone image the power of someone like US defense dept.

A staggering and ignorant simplification of the philosophy of Hegel. "Dumbed down" is the key phrase.

I'm really not sure how to even respond to that, wow. Honestly, that to me is simply mind-boggling, that all you can do is isolate something like that and make no comment on any of the rest of it.

He's potentially talking about some of the most serious crimes ever committed by a small group of people, a series of the biggest conspiracies ever, if what he's saying is correct, and all you can manage to be bothered about in a response is the philosophy of Hegel being misrepresented?

Did he mention anywhere that these psychopaths are really bothered about honouring Hegel's philosophy properly? Like they're really going to be bothered at all about that when looking at the sheer magnitude of the crimes they might have conspired to carry out? Seriously. Even if they do "respect" Hegel's philosophy they've just taken out one aspect and warped it to some of the highest levels possible. Maybe being psychopaths has a little to do with that. These people do not, and clearly have not, been primarily bothered about Hegel. Sutton appears to be using the bit they've warped, if they have, to explain how they work both sides to manufacture outcomes.

Look at your post again. Can't those exact sentences apply to what these people have actually done, if Sutton is right? In essence you could equally say that to any of the Skull and Bones people. They've ignorantly simplified Hegel, to a staggering level. They've dumbed it down, to use for their own ends. Why? Well it's obvious isn't it? Because if they took Hegel seriously, if they really cared, they wouldn't have been doing what Sutton has described. They'd probably be decent, peaceful people trying to develop themselves to the fullest extent and understand life and the world around them.

We're talking about a group here that could have played a big part in funding and manipulating, along with many others, Hitler and the Bolsheviks. At least try to imagine, on the minute scale that we even can try to actually imagine, what that means. Think about, again, on the minute scale that any of us possibly even can, the consequences of something like that. Consequences so big that even today, they'll be nowhere near resolved and are still being acted out. Being bothered about the philosophy of Hegel being misrepresented ranks nowhere near as serious, and never will do.