You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top Ten Conspiracy Theories

Plewggs

48% of Britons believe that Area 51 exists to investigate aliens and their spaceships.

A massive 38% think that 9/11 was orchestrated by the US government.

And 35% believe that the Apollo landing on the Moon was a hoax.

A suspicious 32% are convinced that Diana, Princess of Wales, and Dodi Fayed were murdered.

25% think the Illuminati and the Masons are trying to take over the world.

And would you believe Scientologists rule Hollywood? Well, 17% of those who took part in the survey would.

Big Brother is watching - and 7% believe that barcodes are really intended to control people.

And 6% are convinced that Microsoft sends messages via Wingdings.

Another dark theory: some 5% believe the US government allowed Pearl Harbour to happen.

And 3% think the world is run by dinosaur-like reptiles!

The poll also revealed that 61% believe in aliens.

And 52% think ghosts exist.

No ducking the obvious question:

Which of the above do you think is most likely to be true?

I'll go for Microsoft & Windings.

No idea what a Winding is, but it sounds great.

I'd definately go with 9/11 and Pearl Harbour.

The Illuminati one is only half right as I don't doubt that a small select group of people already run the human race - and it's not Presidents or Prime Ministers.

As for Aliens, well only a tit would think there wasn't life elsewhere in the universe.

I'm not really sure about most of them above but the 9/11 theory. I've seen some crazy things about that. I used to live with a few people who were into the 9/11 thing. I watched this video with them by some fella call Alex Jones. The guy was nuts and was making some crazy statments. I'd rather not think about that because you end up goin deep down the rabbit hole

Where's this poll from? Some of those numbers are extraordinary and for me a bit suspect. I'd like to know what sample of people they used.

For those who believe that 9/11 was carried out by the US government / oil companies / military-industrial complex - presumably to create a pretext for invading Iraq - answer me this. If they were capable of orchestrating something on that scale and keeping it secret for so long, how come they've managed to make such an almighty fuck-up of Iraq? How can the very same group of people get part one of a masterplan so perfectly right and then get part two so utterly wrong less than two years later?

I asked this question a while ago and nobody gave me a satisfactory answer. And if anyone wants to point out how well some US corporations have done out of Iraq, remember that the original plan after 9/11 was for America to take over not just Iraq but the whole of the Middle East, which is patently not going to happen now.

I'm not really sure about most of them above but the 9/11 theory. I've seen some crazy things about that. I used to live with a few people who were into the 9/11 thing. I watched this video with them by some fella call Alex Jones. The guy was nuts and was making some crazy statments. I'd rather not think about that because you end up goin deep down the rabbit hole

alice.jpg

The Illuminati one is only half right as I don't doubt that a small select group of people already run the human race - and it's not Presidents or Prime Ministers.

That's what I believe too, the Illuminati by another name - i.e the power brokers who exist across international barriers.

And I'm not having that the current financial crisis doesn't have some element of design involved in it either - there's no way that that many powerful people didn't see this coming, no way.

I have questions about the 9/11 thing. One is why they both fell down so quickly. Can anyone explain that one to me as I genuinely do want to know.

Somebody flew a big plane about 3/4 the way up the buildings leaving that very very heavy bit above the massive holes been sustained by a tiny proportion of what had been there before.

I can't see how people don't get that. I remember looking at those two buildings live on tv in my bosses office and saying that it's only a matter of time before both of them are going to collapse in on themselves as there's no way what's left around those holes will be able to sustain the weight of the building above them. Everyone in the office agreed and a short while later, heh presto.

I have questions about the 9/11 thing. One is why they both fell down so quickly. Can anyone explain that one to me as I genuinely do want to know.

I thought Big RJ did in another thread. Pay attention. I think he said someone magically removed the tablecloth really badly.

Something doesn't add up about 9/11. The official report had loads of holes in it and there are lots of questions that need answing. Not saying it was an inside job but there was a lot of wierd shit going on that points to some knowledge at least.

They'd get rid of most of the doubters if they did one simple thing: release a video of the plane hitting thre pentagon. There we're dozens of cameras about and they confiscated all films and have only released a few grainy shots that don't prove much at all as you can't make the plane out. Why?

Somebody flew a big plane about 3/4 the way up the buildings leaving that very very heavy bit above the massive holes been sustained by a tiny proportion of what had been there before.

I can't see how people don't get that. I remember looking at those two buildings live on tv in my bosses office and saying that it's only a matter of time before both of them are going to collapse in on themselves as there's no way what's left around those holes will be able to sustain the weight of the building above them. Everyone in the office agreed and a short while later, heh presto.

Why is the top so heavy? Light roofs are the way forward then? I need more answers

There's no way 9/11 was a conspiracy, there would have needed to be so many people involved that they just couldn't keep it quiet, the only part if the day's events which could conceivably be bullshit would be the bit about the fourth plane being brought down by the heroic efforts of passangers who stormed the cockpit. I reckon it was brought down by a sidewinder fired from an F-16.

There's no way 9/11 was a conspiracy, there would have needed to be so many people involved that they just couldn't keep it quiet, the only part if the day's events which could conceivably be bullshit would be the bit about the fourth plane being brought down by the heroic efforts of passangers who stormed the cockpit. I reckon it was brought down by a sidewinder fired from an F-16.

The complete lack of ANY debris on the crash site also makes that incident very suspcious.

The Pentagon's the main one for me. It just doesn't add up.

Ris is right about the speed and way the building's collapsed. They fell so quickly and vertically. Numerous eye witnesses also said they heard bombs going off at the foot of the building.

I just want a video of the pentagon footage released. That would clear most of the doubts in my mind and i have no idea why they won't let the public view those tapes.

The complete lack of ANY debris on the crash site also makes that incident very suspcious.

The Pentagon's the main one for me. It just doesn't add up.

Ris is right about the speed and way the building's collapsed. They fell so quickly and vertically. Numerous eye witnesses also said they heard bombs going off at the foot of the building.

I just want a video of the pentagon footage released. That would clear most of the doubts in my mind and i have no idea why they won't let the public view those tapes.

I have been thinking about that, and if the top is really heavy, as JohnnyH pointed out, I would think that a hell of a lot of air was pushed downwards through the building during the collapse and would have caused stuff to blow out of the windows. But I still find it odd that a plane can cause enough impact to bring down the roof so quickly. The plane impact is the only thing that separates it from other skyscraper fires where the roof hasn't collapsed.

I still think it is odd.