You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rashid

Red '84

I was on Est92 and there is a registered poster called rashid.I guess its him.

That's him. He started posting on there just after he was banned here and within a week the place was in meltdown. They lost a lot of good posters who just couldn't put up with his BS. He was even more out of control over there.

He hasn't posted for a while and the place seems to have recovered a bit.

He genuinely doesn't know how to have a civil discussion which is a pity because he has some good insights and his (admittedly extreme) perspective provides food for thought most times.

Of course he's back on here. I'm sure he's been back from a month after his ban, tops

The fact that we haven't seen any twenty page threads calling someone out as a cunt suggests that whatever he posts, it's seen as far less controversial when those posts don't have the name "Rashid" above them.

Whatever identity people might think he's using, I'd urge you to react to the posts and not the poster. There are a few on here that I think are far worse than Rashid for the way they went after him; all the arguments about constant goading and repeating the same tired point over and over again apply both ways.

As I've said before, I'd have put up with about a tenth of what he did before coming out with something that would have pretty much forced Dave to ban me. Something that would have made <insert poster's name - my mind's gone blank> calling John Gallagher a "fat cunt" seem like a polite greeting.

If Rashid is here, posting under a different name and not attracting shit because of the opinions he's expressing, the only reason for people to go after him is because he's Rashid. That's just not right. IMO.

(Edit: Also, the man inspired Quaresma tags. He can't be all bad, can he?)

A trifle ironic, that we're talking about Rashid being such an annoying (ex-)poster, when we have a thread, smack on page one, all in big caps:

"Liverpool player is a cheating cunt"

And this is for a player who apparantly cheated by being tripped by the defender's leg.

Some posters are annoying (not arguing with some of the reasons why Rashid was banned), and get hammered for it. Other posters are even worse, and not much happens. C'est la vie ....

I think a lot of the issue people had with Rashid was that he managed to turn EVERY thread into an anti-rafa thread. That brought out the usual responses and before you knew it every single thread was dominated by the same old rafa is shit, rafa is great arguments.

That's him. He started posting on there just after he was banned here and within a week the place was in meltdown. They lost a lot of good posters who just couldn't put up with his BS. He was even more out of control over there.

He genuinely doesn't know how to have a civil discussion which is a pity because he has some good insights and his (admittedly extreme) perspective provides food for thought most times.

Joking aside, seriously? Are there a lot of posters on that site who knew him already from tlw (excepting yourself, of course)? If not, then, err, thats rather funny ....

Joking aside, seriously? Are there a lot of posters on that site who knew him already from tlw (excepting yourself, of course)? If not, then, err, thats rather funny ....

Mate, Rashid is the most famous poster in all of internet forumdom. He is the only poster that had a smilie named for him. It was on KopTalk, you would type in :rashid: and you would get an icon of Mr Angry firing off a machine gun. No joke.

I think a lot of the issue people had with Rashid was that he managed to turn EVERY thread into an anti-rafa thread. That brought out the usual responses

Here's my take (I can only speak for myself, here). I did start getting pretty riled up at Rashid after a while, and I ended up really snapping back on one or two ocassions.

Then I just took a step back and looked at what I had posted. And the fact that he didn't respond in kind. Actually, I respected him a lot more for that afterwards (and I apologised).

I think the thing with Rashid is that he wasn't deliberately trying to be a WUM, and he definately COULD make sense most of the time. In some ways, that made his sticking to, and continuously bringing up certain agenda's, even more irksome.

As if, hey - here's a guy who OUGHT to know better, who DOES have half a clue, why the fuck does he keep sticking to this line, even though he's been outargued on it 100 times already.

I think thats why some people got so riled up. I know thats why I did. But if you take a step back, and let him have his couple of pet agenda's, then he's cool. I rather miss the guy. Sure, people can point out the times when he lost it, and snapped back. But he took a lot more abuse than he ever dished out (a LOT more), and I must admit, I give him huge props for not retaliating more.

Its not the nicest thing to be continuously called a cunt, 10 times a day, on a forum where he genuinely only wanted to talk with people who shared a passion he felt strongly about.

and before you knew it every single thread was dominated by the same old rafa is shit, rafa is great arguments.

Err, we already had a real ding dong "Rafa is shit, Rafa is shit, Rafa is shit thread already this season (without even waiting for him to screw up first), so its already been proven that this wasn't a Rashid disease.

Mate, Rashid is the most famous poster in all of internet forumdom. He is the only poster that had a smilie named for him. It was on KopTalk, you would type in :rashid: and you would get an icon of Mr Angry firing off a machine gun. No joke.

That IS funny. Hmm, perhaps its something to aim for? You know you've made it in NetLand when you've got a smiley with your name on it, somewhere ....

;)

I wish the guy could have reigned himself in a bit because he had a lot of good things to say amongst all the bullshit. I wish I could've reigned myself in a bit when talking footy with him. C'est la vie.

Here's my take (I can only speak for myself, here). I did start getting pretty riled up at Rashid after a while, and I ended up really snapping back on one or two ocassions.

Then I just took a step back and looked at what I had posted. And the fact that he didn't respond in kind. Actually, I respected him a lot more for that afterwards (and I apologised).

I think the thing with Rashid is that he wasn't deliberately trying to be a WUM, and he definately COULD make sense most of the time. In some ways, that made his sticking to, and continuously bringing up certain agenda's, even more irksome.

As if, hey - here's a guy who OUGHT to know better, who DOES have half a clue, why the fuck does he keep sticking to this line, even though he's been outargued on it 100 times already.

I think thats why some people got so riled up. I know thats why I did. But if you take a step back, and let him have his couple of pet agenda's, then he's cool. I rather miss the guy. Sure, people can point out the times when he lost it, and snapped back. But he took a lot more abuse than he ever dished out (a LOT more), and I must admit, I give him huge props for not retaliating more.

Its not the nicest thing to be continuously called a cunt, 10 times a day, on a forum where he genuinely only wanted to talk with people who shared a passion he felt strongly about.

Err, we already had a real ding dong "Rafa is shit, Rafa is shit, Rafa is shit thread already this season (without even waiting for him to screw up first), so its already been proven that this wasn't a Rashid disease.

Yeah, but EVERY thread ended up the same way and because there is very little moderation on here, it became difficult to have discussions as points were lost in the maelstrom.

Notwithstanding that this is Dave's site and what he says goes...

There is something disturbing about the attitude towards Rash and his posts. There was something disturbing about banning others from quoting him in case someone else had him on ignore. There was something disturbing about the pack mentality amongst some on here that meant his almost every post received savage - an accurate description, I believe - condemnation and vitriol.

What's disturbing is that those people who abuse him and called for his banning are the same people who would proudly describe themselves as 'liberal' and against oppression.

What I observed during Rashid's period on here is that seemingly reasonable people can turn ugly when the pack begins to move in. And moments later post on another thread about how freedom of speech/honesty/liberalism/fairness or something along those lines is precious to them.

I didn't always agree or disagree with his posts but he seemed a good lad who had the courage to say what he thought, without being offensive, without abusing anyone or inviting abuse. But abuse is what he was nearly always met with.

It's easy to ignore someone. You just don't read their posts.

A section of internet 'iron curtain' was drawn when he was banned.

There is something disturbing about the attitude towards Rash and his posts. There was something disturbing about banning others from quoting him in case someone else had him on ignore. There was something disturbing about the pack mentality amongst some on here that meant his almost every post received savage - an accurate description, I believe - condemnation and vitriol.

What's disturbing is that those people who abuse him and called for his banning are the same people who would proudly describe themselves as 'liberal' and against oppression.

What I observed during Rashid's period on here is that seemingly reasonable people can turn ugly when the pack begins to move in. And moments later post on another thread about how freedom of speech/honesty/liberalism/fairness or something along those lines is precious to them.

I didn't always agree or disagree with his posts but he seemed a good lad who had the courage to say what he thought, without being offensive, without abusing anyone or inviting abuse. But abuse is what he was nearly always met with.

The fact of the matter is that he has been banned from just about every site I have been on and the pattern of behavior has been going on for at least 7 years that I know of.

Now sooner or later you'd think he'd get the message. There are plenty of people that have similar opinions to him and they survive. At the end of the day, he was asked to adapt his style, he didn't. Who knows, maybe he needs the notoriety. Anyway, the ball was in his court. He played and missed. Simple as.

Posting on here is a privilege, not a right.

BTW It's difficult to ignore him when just about all threads are hijacked.

Are you stalking Rashid? The bit in bold made me piss myself , thats fucking gold.

According to the bit on home , he's still the sites top poster.

I dont agree with much of that. I treat these forums as if i was chatting with someone over a pint, we might disagree but we'd generally be having a laugh.

If Rashid was giving his beligerent attitude face to face, I'd have nothing to do with him, thats why he was on ignore for me and why i was happy to see the request not to quote his posts. To extend the pub analogy, he'd gone around annoying everyone until finally the landlord barred him.

For me its not a civil liberties issue, if you upset a load of members in an organisation you can expect them to show you the door, and thats what happened.

Of course he's back on here. I'm sure he's been back from a month after his ban, tops

The fact that we haven't seen any twenty page threads calling someone out as a cunt suggests that whatever he posts, it's seen as far less controversial when those posts don't have the name "Rashid" above them.

Whatever identity people might think he's using, I'd urge you to react to the posts and not the poster. There are a few on here that I think are far worse than Rashid for the way they went after him; all the arguments about constant goading and repeating the same tired point over and over again apply both ways.

As I've said before, I'd have put up with about a tenth of what he did before coming out with something that would have pretty much forced Dave to ban me. Something that would have made calling John Gallagher a "fat cunt" seem like a polite greeting.

If Rashid is here, posting under a different name and not attracting shit because of the opinions he's expressing, the only reason for people to go after him is because he's Rashid. That's just not right. IMO.

(Edit: Also, the man inspired Quaresma tags. He can't be all bad, can he?)

That sums it up for me.

There are some very odd opinions on this thread. Anyone who has had to put up with Rashid's nonsense for any duration of time who wants him back must have no eyes, because the man was a cancer to this forum.

There is a total misconception that people were out to get him because of his views. This is unmitigated rubbish. There are very, very few people on this site who ostracise you for having a different opinion, and they are themselves held in low opinion. Rashid was no different to this rule. The problem with Rashid was the way he delivered his view. Making exactly the same point time after time after time after time again, and then having a totally needless sideswipe at someone just to annoy people.

I cannot emphasise how much better the forum has been since he and xabi_d have been banned. I love this forum and the improvement in it since they were banned is massive. I can relax safe in the knowledge that Dave is not going to make the same mistake and bring Rashid back, because it will be a case of once bitten, twice shy.