You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

man of the match - game 13 - Wigan Athletic - Home - PL

Morse

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kuyt

Riera

Alonso

How can anyone be seriously having Pennant in their top 3

he was`nt that much worse than Xabi,a player most people have in their top three so far. I dont think Xabi played well today. He was good in the second, but poor in the first. It`s all about opinions.

Kuyt

Riera

Pepe

for me.

Our midfield was dominated for too long to have Gerrard or Xabi amongst our better performers. Our never say die attitude is impressive though, and everyone stepped up a level after Wigans opening goal. It`s a bit of a worry though, that we need to concede to get our act together.

Im drunk at the moment, so I reserve myself the chance to change my mind when im sobered up ;)

Kuyt

Alonso

Riera

Same for me.

For the record, I'd probably have Pennant at 4 or 5 (Carra being the other one), I thought he played pretty well considering it was his first start in the league in God knows how long. I don't get all the criticism of him, he didn't do much wrong for me (apart from the stupid tackle that should have got a booking), and he put in some good crosses.

( 3rd would normally have been Carra , but was a bit disappointed at his playing to the gallery bullying of Pennant in the first half , which came across a bit Billy Big Bollocks . )

As if Carra has ever done anything for effect or because of what people might think of him for doing it. If he had a pop at Pennant it was because he felt it needed saying. He's the vice captain and also the leader/organiser of the team - he was doing his job.

As if Carra has ever done anything for effect or because of what people might think of him for doing it. If he had a pop at Pennant it was because he felt it needed saying. He's the vice captain and also the leader/organiser of the team - he was doing his job.

Have no problem with Carra having a word with anybody he feels needs geeing up , but it was done from 40 yards away during a break in play , and complete with a mouthful of obvious swearing in Jermaine's direction.

( 'Fucking dickhead' seemed to be one of the phrases employed )

Don't feel it was helpful or called for in this instance & feel it was Jamie picking up on the vibe from the anti-Pennant fans which was starting to mount at that point.

To be fair to Jamie he had probably got frustrated waiting for Arbeloa to make a rick.