Quantcast
In Brugge or The Departed - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anny Road

In Brugge or The Departed

Lovefilm have sent me both and myself and the trouble and strife are going to sit down and watch one tonight.

Can't decide which one. I fancy The Departed but 2 1/2 hours may be a bit much for the feeble female brain.

Not the biggest dilema the GF has every had to deal with, granted but to me it is a big deal.

Help.

Ive never seen in Brugges it has a lot to live up to to beat the departed. The departed for me is one of those, whenever its on I watch it, few come before it.

Probably the only ones above it are the godfather, any alan partridge, or any classic horror films.

I understand they are different films but I value your lots opinion and the departed looks like it may be the way to go.

Rep on the way for this one acid you loon.

''Probably the only ones above it are the godfather, any alan partridge, or any classic horror films.''

Haven't seen In Bruges but I can vouch for how good The Departed is, which is very.

It's a quality film all round but especially so because of Nicholson, who is fantastic in it.

In Brugges. Best film I have seen in ages. Think the Departed is a bit overrated.

Just about to post the same about The Departed, it annoyed me looking back at it.

In Bruges is a good laugh, reminds me of the film 'I went down' which Brendan Gleeson was also in. I like him.

In Brugges. Best film I have seen in ages. Think the Departed is a bit overrated.

Couldn't agree more......& i also think the original "Infernal Affairs" is a far superior film than The Departed.

Well we watched The Departed and it was erm sort of ok.

For one who cast Decaprio. Not for me. Is he meant to be a hard tortured soul. Looks like an Evertonians Torres. Sorry for the FF on the GF.

As for it being a great film, no, the acting and plot did not work for me. I found it poor but enjoyable. Certainly nothing stood out either on a deep level or on a goodfellas stabbing in the boot level.

6/10

As for it being a great film, no, the acting and plot did not work for me.

Scorsese should hand back his Best Director Oscar then!

Cracking film The Departed.