You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sons of Anarchy

Section_31

• 3 months later...

Nine months after Sons of Anarchy reached the end of the road and its seven-season run, creator Kurt Sutter has revealed that he is currently developing a spin-off series based on the motorcycle-gang drama. In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Sutter said that the new series would revolve around the Mayans Motorcycle Club, a rival gang from the original series.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/kurt-sutter-planning-sons-of-anarchy-spinoff-series-20150826#ixzz3k09QM158 

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

hotshots.gif

Only started watching this two days ago so I'm not gonna read the whole thread as I don't want to spoil it.

I'm 5 episodes in, thoughts so far.

Got a massive shield feel to it.

It spends too much time on main protagonists when the lesser characters have the feel they could be really good.

It its very good and can't wait to watch the next one.

Dutch will always be Dutch no matter who he plays.

I have a feeling this will be one of those under appreciative shows as its low budget compared to other shows.

Can't wait to see what his new show, based on Welsh/English medieval history, turns out like. Hopefully the accents will be more authentic than the Oirish in SoA.

Is his Mrs in it? The American Dennis Waterman?

There's an SOA film in the offing apparently, with Brad Pitt as John Teller.  

Series 1 & 2 - enjoyable enough.

Series 3 - really starting to irk, the whole thing in Ireland was completely ridiculous.

Series 4 - not too bad, a bit of a return to form.

Series 5 - complete rubbish, stopped watching, never to return.

I've been told by others that it just got even more ridiculous after that, if that was even possible?

The whole Jacks v Clay thing did my head in, and it got in the way of what should have been a good show about motorcycle outlaws.

• Upvote 1

Series 1 & 2 - enjoyable enough.

Series 3 - really starting to irk, the whole thing in Ireland was completely ridiculous.

Series 4 - not too bad, a bit of a return to form.

Series 5 - complete rubbish, stopped watching, never to return.

I've been told by others that it just got even more ridiculous after that, if that was even possible?

The whole Jacks v Clay thing did my head in, and it got in the way of what should have been a good show about motorcycle outlaws.

Agree with all that, season 6 is horrically bad. Someone described it as Eastenders on motorbikes, I think that's a decent shout.

The more stick Sutter seemed to take the more mental he made the show. Someone said he had the idea of making Dutch in The Sheild revealed to be a serial killer in the last episode but was slapped down. He does need a wiser head alongside him, he has no restraint. 

Never knew what Kurt Sutter looked like until just now when I googled him. Didn't know he was Otto in this, thought he was just a writer.

He's Margos Dezarian in the shield too. Used to teach acting in new York before he became a writer, which I find amazing as he's a terrible actor.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I wouldn't bother much further

Thought the first few seasons were very good but after about season 5 it just went downhill fast,and do not even get me started on the ending

Even if it's shit, I try to finish of shows that I've started watching. A show or film has to be fucking wank for me to stop half way through. Hopefully this won't be as bad as you say.

Also started watching Walking Dead again, another show I stopped watching half way through.