You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sons of Anarchy

Section_31

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Be interesting to see what Sutters next project will be. No doubt Gemma (forgot her real name) will be in it and singing 90% of the fucking songs.

How fit is Jax smackhead ex bird though, only just realised she was in The Sopranos.

Really? Adriana? She's pretty rough, I think. Maybe just me, I didn't like her in the sopranos either.

Still would.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I have not cared for this season, but I really lliked that finale.

Seeing Chiklis, Googins and Pounder all in one episode brought a smile to my face, too.

I genuinely found it obvious and a pike of boring wank.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Chilklis is in it? Sounds like Sutter has finally lost it!

Yeah, the entire cast of The Shield has been in it at some point or an other.

Just read the synopsis as I'm beyond caring about the plot, but one thing it did for me, probably from season 2 onwards, was lose - fogive the pun - its charm.

I quite liked the small town feel of the show. Charming felt like a real place and the characters were likeable, some of them at least, but it just became a shockfest. Which ethnic organised crime week can we throw in this week, what torture or death. I love action more than most when it comes to TV, but it gets boring if there's nothing else going on.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Just read the synopsis as I'm beyond caring about the plot, but one thing it did for me, probably from season 2 onwards, was lose - fogive the pun - its charm.

I quite liked the small town feel of the show. Charming felt like a real place and the characters were likeable, some of them at least, but it just became a shockfest. Which ethnic organised crime week can we throw in this week, what torture or death. I love action more than most when it comes to TV, but it gets boring if there's nothing else going on.

Yeah, and another issue I had was that virtually nobody in SAMCRO was known over the long term. Just bit part players. Some long haired giant, the prospect you hardly saw, the hispanic fella who I don't think I've seen before... then Chibs and Tig. I didn't give a fuck about the fate of anybody. The killed off way too many people, and that became bland after about season 4.

They could have had some good drama instead. That probably would have made the last episode good. Pope and Marks could have been good characters, but were barely used. I thought the writing was shite.

The finale was really unsubtle in how it went about things and everything was tied up too neatly but the end sequence from the start of the musical montage was, I thought, nicely done.

I probably would have felt the same, but I must have scrubbed through the part where Marks got whacked (must have been a really short gap between commercials) on my DVR, so all that time I was expecting Jax to ride into a suicide mission to take out Marks and solve all problems for all parties.

I liked the synergy with John though and it all made sense one the cops started following him.

Using the same trucker as Gemma was hokey as fuck. No need.

The finale was really unsubtle in how it went about things and everything was tied up too neatly but the end sequence from the start of the musical montage was, I thought, nicely done.

Also, I think the unsubtle nature of the ending helped it in a way. Throughout the run of the show there have been crazy (often unnecessary) twists to get Jax and the Sons out of a jam. However, this had to happen. There was a certain inevitability about it as it was something he couldn't walk away from this time. The character knew it and the audience knew it. I felt the way it played out really helped with that idea.

Also, I think the unsubtle nature of the ending helped it in a way. Throughout the run of the show there have been crazy (often unnecessary) twists to get Jax and the Sons out of a jam. However, this had to happen. There was a certain inevitability about it as it was something he couldn't walk away from this time. The character knew it and the audience knew it. I felt the way it played out really helped with that idea.

I agree with all that, if Sutter was still using the Hamlet allegory, Hamlet dies at the end having righted his wrongs. Jax embraced who he was at the end by taking out all of the enemies that the Sons faced. The same trucker being involved was silly though. You know I've never been a big Sons fan and found large parts of it farcical but I'll be damned if Jax riding to meet his end, on his dad's bike, content with the decision he made, didn't get a bit of dust in my eye. Well played by Charlie Hunnam in that final episode.

• Upvote 1