You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anybody else fucking despise international football?

23_Carra_Gold

Perfectly safe to have players flying all over Europe to meet up and play friendlies against players doing exactly the same during a pandemic .
Which was pointed out by Klopp only last week regarding other FA’s protocols regarding Covid 

BBC SportBBC Sport
@BBCSport
Croatia captain Domagoj Vida played the first half of the 3-3 draw with Turkey before finding out he had tested positive for Covid-19.

And here he is sharing the love before K.O
EmlEfd4XMAU_BxZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

I do like the World Cup, I used to love it, a festival of football if you like

Every sportsman wants to represent their home countries whatever sport so I can't knock it as such but the pointless friendlies and new competitions are shit   as someone said greed on behalf of the powers that be. 

World Cup and European Championship are fine by me. 

You could also say the pointless teams in the early rounds of European club competitions and the risk of injuries etc , travelling to fuck knows where, just as bad. 

If selected do they really have to go, do they face a fine or something? 

If it was me though I'd know where my loyalties lie and if it meant not being picked for an international again, then so be it. 

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

I just want to say that I completely stand by my hatred of international football, and that goes for big tournaments (where at least the games matter, whereas most of the hatred comes from the pointless friendlies they're always taking our players off to and breaking them) as well.

Don't care if England hang on to win this thing in the second half, it's still dreadful. Seen way too many takes on the internet the past week or so about what a great tournament this has been. Sorry, they're all wrong - it's shite, just like international football always is.

Harumph.

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Another fantastic week of Ingerland playing any of the mighty Andorra, Poland, Bulgaria or San Marino at a half full Wembley at £60 a ticket or in a shitty stadium on a shit pitch with racist fans abusing black players. 

How does anyone contain their excitement.

It gives me a weekend off worrying about LFC, so I'll take that small win..

It's the way players are called up when their clubs are nursing them back from injury, or they have had a knock or felt a muscle twinge etc and they come back broken.

Does my fucking head in. 

The club pays the wages, the club has to deal with trying to play without them when they are out injured, so the club should decide whether a player can go or not.

Unfortunately, it's not like that, so fuck them.

Injuries are bad enough but are part of game as infuriating as they are when happen on international shite duty...

What is really fucking not on is when players have to miss games for their employers who pay them huge wages due to international shite - as it looks like we will see with our Brazilian lads after this break and with AFCON in Jan.

It is IMO absolutely totally unacceptable if we are unable to field Alisson and Fabinho v Watford because of fucking Brazil..same goes for any other player at our club or any other with any other country.

Why are Brazil being allowed to play a game in what is the early hours of Friday morning here before we play Watford on the Saturday...i am sure the rule was always palyers had to be released back to clubs a minimum amount of time before games and i am sure it was more than a day.

34 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Another fantastic week of Ingerland playing any of the mighty Andorra, Poland, Bulgaria or San Marino at a half full Wembley at £60 a ticket or in a shitty stadium on a shit pitch with racist fans abusing black players. 

How does anyone contain their excitement.

Don't forget the brass band.

I don't mind the internationals as much because when Scotland aren't totally shit they at least become a bit more interesting. I get the antipathy for those from England as having Trent get apoplectically moaned at by some fat, tory loving, brexit voting, racist, homophobic, misogynist denizen of Basingstoke/Maidenhead/Southend-on-sea must be a bit irritating. Liverpool feels like a bit of a separate island from the rest of England and certainly gets treated that way, the amount of anti-scouse sentiment in the population I've encountered/ picked up on suggests it's endemic.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, an tha said:

Injuries are bad enough but are part of game as infuriating as they are when happen on international shite duty...

What is really fucking not on is when players have to miss games for their employers who pay them huge wages due to international shite - as it looks like we will see with our Brazilian lads after this break and with AFCON in Jan.

It is IMO absolutely totally unacceptable if we are unable to field Alisson and Fabinho v Watford because of fucking Brazil..same goes for any other player at our club or any other with any other country.

Why are Brazil being allowed to play a game in what is the early hours of Friday morning here before we play Watford on the Saturday...i am sure the rule was always palyers had to be released back to clubs a minimum amount of time before games and i am sure it was more than a day.

Yeah I don't get how that Brazil game is being allowed then