23_Carra_Gold

Anybody else fucking despise international football?

Perfectly safe to have players flying all over Europe to meet up and play friendlies against players doing exactly the same during a pandemic .
Which was pointed out by Klopp only last week regarding other FA’s protocols regarding Covid 

BBC SportBBC Sport
@BBCSport
Croatia captain Domagoj Vida played the first half of the 3-3 draw with Turkey before finding out he had tested positive for Covid-19.

And here he is sharing the love before K.O
EmlEfd4XMAU_BxZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

I do like the World Cup, I used to love it, a festival of football if you like

Every sportsman wants to represent their home countries whatever sport so I can't knock it as such but the pointless friendlies and new competitions are shit   as someone said greed on behalf of the powers that be. 

World Cup and European Championship are fine by me. 

You could also say the pointless teams in the early rounds of European club competitions and the risk of injuries etc , travelling to fuck knows where, just as bad. 

If selected do they really have to go, do they face a fine or something? 

If it was me though I'd know where my loyalties lie and if it meant not being picked for an international again, then so be it. 

• Upvote 1

I just want to say that I completely stand by my hatred of international football, and that goes for big tournaments (where at least the games matter, whereas most of the hatred comes from the pointless friendlies they're always taking our players off to and breaking them) as well.

Don't care if England hang on to win this thing in the second half, it's still dreadful. Seen way too many takes on the internet the past week or so about what a great tournament this has been. Sorry, they're all wrong - it's shite, just like international football always is.

Harumph.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, have done for a long time. Nowt to do with England winning the Euros (it would have been slightly less shit if they hadnt won it admittedly), but it would still be annoying if they'd gone out in the groups!

• Upvote 1

Would never normally support Italy given the fact they are massive cheats and have had some serious thugs in their numbers ( Gentile, Benetti, Scirea  for example), but tonight I'll let it go.

The Olympic football starts in about a week or two I think. Do we have anyone in that? I know we told Egypt to fuck off re Salah but I've no idea if any of our other players are in it.