You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anybody else fucking despise international football?

23_Carra_Gold

Myself, I enjoy the World Cup and Euros after the groups are over. Like the qualifiers, the groups are rigged so the usual teams get to the knock out stage but, these tend to pit the better nations against each other.

I dislike the 'international breaks' as they fuck the clubs over. Additionally, I dont see why international managers should get additional games before a 'qualifier' to test their selection, tactics and generally run the risk of injuring the clubs players. If they are international 'quality' managers, they should just be able to pick their team and play it, no fucking about.

16 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Myself, I enjoy the World Cup and Euros after the groups are over. Like the qualifiers, the groups are rigged so the usual teams get to the knock out stage but, these tend to pit the better nations against each other.

I dislike the 'international breaks' as they fuck the clubs over. Additionally, I dont see why international managers should get additional games before a 'qualifier' to test their selection, tactics and generally run the risk of injuring the clubs players. If they are international 'quality' managers, they should just be able to pick their team and play it, no fucking about.

They waste these friendly games to play about 18 players in them. I can remember when England played Australia at Upton Park and there were two completely different teams that started each half. What can any manager take from that to sort out tactics, formations and giving a new player a run of games?

Utter shite.

3 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

They waste these friendly games to play about 18 players in them. I can remember when England played Australia at Upton Park and there were two completely different teams that started each half. What can any manager take from that to sort out tactics, formations and giving a new player a run of games?

Utter shite.

Totally agree.

• Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, an tha said:

Fabinho who has played all 180 mins so far for Brazil in this break starts again tonight.

Thanks for the reminder.

I'd forgot these were on tonight.

Argentina up 1-0 vs Peru at the half btw.

(I have a love-hate relationship with the internationals. I wish most of them weren't happening, but I still watch them.)

Klopp getting stuck in.

Shame nobody gives a shite.

More now from Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp on the situation surrounding Brazilian duo Fabinho and Alisson...

"We had to sort quarantine issues and the decision we made is the boys will not be here, they will go directly to Madrid, wait there for us, hopefully be able to play against Atletico, then will come back slightly later than us, so then they can come back in our normal procedure again," said Reds boss Jurgen Klopp.

"Obviously they could have flown into England but with all the quarantine stuff that would have meant they would have to isolate from their families and Ali has three kids and being away with the national teams and then 10 days in isolation with the same rubbish again... we need solutions for that and they are still not there.

"They have played in Brazil so they already had four days there not in a red-list country and that's what counts. "Then another six days not in a red-list country then they can come back and start immediately so even when they go from bubble to bubble to bubble it is still 10 days and for us that is the solution."

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Some guy in atheltic saying afcon players will miss 8 games 

It runs from 9th Jan to 6th Feb. The group stages finish on the 20th Jan , so I reckon all of them will miss at least 3 League games and 1 FA Cup tie. This assumes they don't have to go before the Leicester game on 28/12. After that it will depend on progression through the rounds and whether we have an FA Cup 4th round game and possibly 2 League Cup semi final ties.

4 minutes ago, aws said:

I think we have just two league games during the whole course of the tournament. We'd probably rest them for the cups in any event. 

Yes , but I am not sure when the players are expected to join their countries. Chelsea on the 2nd Jan is in the balance.

18 minutes ago, sir roger said:

It runs from 9th Jan to 6th Feb. The group stages finish on the 20th Jan , so I reckon all of them will miss at least 3 League games and 1 FA Cup tie. This assumes they don't have to go before the Leicester game on 28/12. After that it will depend on progression through the rounds and whether we have an FA Cup 4th round game and possibly 2 League Cup semi final ties.

Article suggesting they will leave before xmas