You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anybody else fucking despise international football?

23_Carra_Gold

I like the way people who support Shrewsbury and Gillingham who watch piss poor standard players week in week out suddenly become experts on tactics and say players like Gerrard and Henderson are shite and never perform for England.

Also commentators asking if Trent is good enough to be Englands first choice right back playing against Armenia or Bulgaria when he's played in the last 2 Champions League finals and won one.

International football I absolutely couldn't give a flying fuck. I positively smile when England lose. The rampant, rabid wankfest that inevitably follows the most insignificant England win leaves me hating it even more. The bipolar hysteria that accompanies every manager is predictable and boring. 

Compare and contrast the Six Nations rugby. Now that's proper. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, rb14 said:

International football I absolutely couldn't give a flying fuck. I positively smile when England lose. The rampant, rabid wankfest that inevitably follows the most insignificant England win leaves me hating it even more. The bipolar hysteria that accompanies every manager is predictable and boring. 

Compare and contrast the Six Nations rugby. Now that's proper. 

Agree with everything except the stuff about egg chasing. I couldn't give a fuck about that either,but at least it doesn't mess up the footy for a fortnight.

• Upvote 1

Love the World Cup , though not as much as I used to but that can said of footy in general , and couldn’t give a fuck who wins it. 

Though like any sport it must be an aim represent your national team so I’ve got to respect that , but the spectre of injury that might hamper domestic ambitions and breaking momentum is a twat and that’s about it really for me , don’t watch it as such and it’s irrelevant to me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Agree with everything except the stuff about egg chasing. I couldn't give a fuck about that either,but at least it doesn't mess up the footy for a fortnight.

Indeed it doesn't mess up the footy. I couldn't give a fuck about cricket, hockey or, erm, crown green bowling, but I can appreciate players' skills and giving it their all.

International rugby is each player giving absolutely everything of themselves for their team. I don't know, but I doubt if there are many rugby club supporters who don't absolutely adore what takes place on the international scene, according to their nationality, not their club. I certainly can't say the same when my national team plays football. There will be no international rugby player who doesn't give everything of themselves for their nation team. Footballers?

• Upvote 1

Seeing as the the subject of rugby has entered the fray, at some level of comparison, this has reminded me of something amusing I saw a little while ago...

Football is 90 minutes of players pretending they're injured, while rugby is 80 minutes of players pretending they're not.

I couldn't give a stuff about peanut chasing, myself, but Roger's point stands.

4 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Don't you remember the entire population of Bulgaria swarming over here a few years ago, stealing all our jobs and collapsing the NHS?

Oh,yeah. It was just like all those Caribbean types in the 50s and 60s and those pesky Indian,Pakistani and Bangladeshis doing the same thing shortly after. 'If you want a dark skinned family as your neighbour,vote Liberal or Labour.' How right they weren't.

• 1 year later...