You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anybody else fucking despise international football?

23_Carra_Gold

I fucking hate it. Except when a major championship comes around but thats because there's fuck all else to do during the summer months.

I think its because while I was growing up Roy Keane was captain of Ireland that I just never warmed to them. It made me sick seeing our lads line up on the same side as that cunt and taking abuse off him for the whole game. Or how Gerrard got fucked over for the England captaincy and has to play alongside Mongo and Shrek every few months. Whats worse is how they're all the best of friends. Some of our lads could learn a lesson from the foreign lads, Xabi fell out with Arteta over his behaviour in the derby. Its a pity Gerrard didn't say the same thing about Rooney when he celebrated infront of the Kop or about Terry when he kicked the shite out of Nando.

INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL CAN FUCK OFF.

I love football so I take what I can get. I go to all the home Ireland games and a good percentage of the aways as it's always good craic with plenty of bevvy. Pointless friendless fuck me off though and I get totally pissed off when one of ours gets injured. Ideally I'd like no Liverpool player to ever get picked for internationals so I could enjoy them more. For example, watching a Spain game, I almost shite myself everytime nando goes in for a ball.

I love football so I take what I can get. I go to all the home Ireland games and a good percentage of the aways as it's always good craic with plenty of bevvy. Pointless friendless fuck me off though and I get totally pissed off when one of ours gets injured. Ideally I'd like no Liverpool player to ever get picked for internationals so I could enjoy them more. For example, watching a Spain game, I almost shite myself everytime nando goes in for a ball.

You going the Vyprus game on wednesday Johnny?

I like international football.Ive had some great memories and amazing sessions on away games,been to places id never have set foot in if not for games and have had the pleasure of seeing some of the greatest players in the world ..OK ,its a pisser for clubs seeing all their players fucking off for a week but its just the way it is unfortunatly.

I don't really despise it, but I'm really badly starting to hate the way we have the league broken up for 'international breaks'. I mean they're qualifiers for fucks sake, surely they could just do them one at a time and in a way that doesn't stop league matches for a full fortnight.

And I'm sure that if we had a team anywhere as good as Spain we'd not be too bothered about England at all. It's been good to see Fabio going mad at Rooney anyway in one of the last games (saw a photo of him shouting at him.) because at least it gives a sign that we have a managar that's putting some proper effort into it, and that's proving he has some passion for what he's trying to do.

I don't like it. It's a pain in the arse, just as the season gets going they break twice. I don't mind watching the tournaments in summer especially when there's no England hype. But most matches I'm just watching with fingers crossed that our lads don't get injured. Memories of Redknapp etc

I hate the way international football always seems to disrupt us in the league. I hate it that Gerrard 'has' to play deep just to make fat fwank look good. I hate it that a flavour of the month player like walcott is made out to be a world beater because he managed to score a couple of goals against a poor croatia team that was a shadow of its former self.

I hate the way international football always seems to disrupt us in the league. I hate it that Gerrard 'has' to play deep just to make fat fwank look good. I hate it that a flavour of the month player like walcott is made out to be a world beater because he managed to score a couple of goals against a poor croatia team that was a shadow of its former self.

Yep, me too. However, this time I don't feel we've been playing anywhere near our best so I don't actually mind. We've had a great half against City and Utd, but apart from that we've not been pulling up any trees. I actually hope this break will knock Chelsea off their stride and we'll just keep on improving.

I hate it, I think the likes of holland, italy, england, france, spain, portugal, brazil, argentina e.t.c should automatically qualify for the top tournaments and the rest should battle it out for qualification, it would cut down on these fuckin stupid games like england v borat a pointless match who we know will win

Nope.

Whilst they are all overpaid, to come out with stuff like "overpaid cunts who give little effort for their country", imho, is rubbish.

There won't be a single one of the 22 players who don't want to win, do so playing good football and entertain the people who watch it.

The problem with international football isn't the players, it's the press and the way they build it all up, the slag them to pieces when they don't get the result they should do.

It is also because all the major nations have such quality, playing teams like Andorra and San Marino ruins it. All they want to do is play spoiler football and "do a Stoke".

Every international break, it's the same on here.

I like to see England lose every game they play.

I like to see Northern Ireland and Ireland win all of their games.

But I'm not really bothered.

Just picked up 24 (pint) cans of Carlsberg Export (5%) for 13 pound, that's what I'm thinking about right now.

It's all about priorities, and this is the first sensible post on this thread.

i watch any football any level cos i love the game but international football is a load of bollocks for me and the reasons for that are

1 England 0-0 at HT and the TV are going on like its a death in the family instead of saying well we are drawing 0-0 and we will dominate the second half come back with us as there will be more than one England goal in the second half

what do we get well we have been hear before arnt we shit were never going to win fuck all Blah blah blah

if that was one of my mates saying shite like that i would tell them to fuck off the missreble twat your a fucking jinx mate

and it is the same everytime and i hate negative twats so i dont like international football