You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LFC U18 - Wolves U18

Macca74

I was just watching the clip from the Under 18s game versus Wolves. In the end of that game Lauri Dalla Valle got subbed, but I couldn't recognize the player coming on. He wore number 15, was quite tall and looked quite young as well.

Does anyone know who he is? Is he from the U16s or maybe a trialist?

I was just watching the clip from the Under 18s game versus Wolves. In the end of that game Lauri Dalla Valle got subbed, but I couldn't recognize the player coming on. He wore number 15, was quite tall and looked quite young as well.

Does anyone know who he is? Is he from the U16s or maybe a trialist?

Cant help you out mate,take very little interest in the academy lads,but i did watch the highlights of this game.Some very promising attacking players,but cant say i was impressed at all by the big no5,i think his name was Kennedy.Beaten far to easily,slow,and gave the ball away every time(this was only a 15 min clip)Maybe somebody who watches these games could defend the lad,but from what i seen he wont have a future in football,let alone us.

Haven't seen him this season, but big Joe has always been steady and reliable when I've seen him in the past. Wigan are meant to be after him, along with Michael Scott (who has been brilliant since he was converted to right back midway through last season).

Shane O'Connor has gone on trial at Stockport.

In answer to the original post, I don't know as I haven't seen the clip.

Haven't seen him this season, but big Joe has always been steady and reliable when I've seen him in the past. Wigan are meant to be after him, along with Michael Scott (who has been brilliant since he was converted to right back midway through last season).

Shane O'Connor has gone on trial at Stockport.

In answer to the original post, I don't know as I haven't seen the clip.

Michael Scott looks a great player, really aggressive and quick.

Here's the line-up from the offal for that game:

Liverpool under 18s: Hansen, Scott, Buchtmann, Metcalf, Kennedy, Ajdarevic, Amoo, Roberts (O'Connor 79), Dalla Valle, Pourie, Ince (Ellison 65). Unused subs: Duyan.

They obviously don't know who he was either. You could clearly see on the clip that Dalla Valle went off, but it didn't say on the commentary who came on. Either a triallist or an u16 then.

I went on Saturday. First time I've ever been to be honest - and it was freezing. Me mate said it's always that cold there no matter when you go.

The lad who came on was Conor Coady. In fairness to the lad who did the report for the Offal, he wasn't listed on the team sheets handed out. However, it wouldn't have hurt him to go and ask Hughie McAuley who the extra sub was warming up (it's also stupid why they only had 3 outfield players on the bench - surely we had an u-16 lad who could have been there for experience at least?).

We got webbed first half and did well to go in at 2-2, but Wolves did have the benefit of a strong wind in their favour. Second half we were the better side and, while 4-2 flattered us, defo deserved the win.

Hansen and Kennedy were dodgy, particularly first half. Buchtmann was brilliant going forward from left back, and Scott did well from the right. On first viewing I would say both would be more suited to more forward roles, but I have only seen them once so can't really judge. Thought Metcalf had a decent game, but, as well as he played, unless he grows a few inches I don't think he will be making it as a centre-half. Definite potential though.

Ince and Amoo were in and out, though Amoo improved greatly second half. Roberts and Ajdarevic did well individually, but as much as they tried and got stuck in, they were over-ran, first half in particular. Impressed by Ajdarevic on the ball though. Ridiculous someone with his touch and vision is slumming it beneath his level.

Pourie did ok in a deeper role and took his goal well; and Dalla Valle did ok, but was playing right up front against lads who were much bigger and stronger. Will need to grow and bulk up.

Ellison did well when he came on and scored a cracker. Coady didn't get much chance.

It won't be my last time going - even talking of going to Blackburn on Saturday! Just a shame we may never see any of these lads in the first team due only to politics.