You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Match Ratings from the Northen Hemisphere

Nunavut Patrick

Since it's tomorrow in Australia, or is it yesterday, or who knows and Paco I think is baking pies for Viduka as he rehabs or celebrating a Grand Final win for the team that played Evonne Goolagong or at least sounded like that, the match ratings (it should be noted that I had a rather excrcuiating bout of explosive diahrrhea and missed the equalizer and retunred to see Skrtel crocked, I blame it on the pepperoni that I think was past the sell-by date).

Reina 5.85 --- Nothing aboot the first one but overplayed the threat of teh cross on the second. It's a bit of a tendency that Reina has and if Hughes spotted this and mentioned it in his pregames notes than fair play to him. On second thought, the Welsh Manc can fuck off and get rid of the salt and pepper hairstyle.

Aurelio 6.35 --- Steady, if he can stay fit I think he's not a bad option out there but we are realistically in the stage of 'its not Riise' out there. I think he has more flow that the Italian, but early doors and competion is healhty even if Fabs isnt all the time.

Carragher 7.45-- Solid. As usual. Could form a nice partnership with Gerrard back there.

Skrtel 6.55 -- Still not convinced that he is a better option than Agger but at least there are valid arguments on both sides. Feel very bad for the injury as it looks serious; Martin is no pussy. Hate to see the lad potentailly lose out as he was making the position his.

Arbdeola 6.15 -- Not sure what to make of his clearance to Ireland, it was very sixs and sevens from the start and think that when you have someone on the floor like that its difficult but it should have been cleared. It was panic station. His stenght is attacking and he did that well.

Maschereno 6.35 Bit of quiet one from him, but his animal like tenacity in midfield was reared on a few occasions. Did the job as they say.

Gerrard 6.65 -- Felt he was creative today in the role he was in, it didn't always come off but he made some surging runs and delivered an excellent corner to Torres (whilst the rancid pepperoni was exiting).

Alonso 7.40 --- Good passing match from Xabi and he must be made of steel these days as thats two red card tackles against him. Love the way he told that cunt who went in studs up to get stuffed with the handshake. Don't fucking legbreak tackle someone and then expect a handshake. I'm sure Hughes will see the replay and say it was deserved. Xabi is the metronome I tell ya.

Riera 8.10 --- The lad may lack blinding pass but his feet and vision more than make up for it. Finally someone who can beat a man, get deep in the box and panic defences. He looks like Charlie Sheen, that guy from Two and a half Men. Or so my wife says. (She'd still do Torres ahead of him though)

Torres 8.09 --- Just shades it behind Albert; on fire, the goals are coming, the header was technical, the goal sense is there, just a brilliant striker. No second season curse, on pace for 20+.

Kuyt 7.65 --- For all the abuse, for the Kuytantangnista and Kuytapologista, he does what he does, he does what he does day in and day out and does what the manager does ask him to do and does it as one would do it within his abililty of doing what he does. What he does is work hard and pop up with a crucial goal every now and then. He will never blind with pace, awe with control and will squander at least one chance per game. This is what he does. But you need a plumber amoungst the carpenters, the painters, the skilled craftsmen, the stonemasons, the fresco artistes. Kuyt is your man, doing what he does.

Subs- Benayoun--- Don't mess with the Benayoun. The ball on the floor at his feet is mahtzah-ball delicious. Lovely move to initiate the winner.

Keane/Dossena- may have missed something during the 'episode' (never had cramping like that, for a minute I thought I was either menstrating or had passed out one night and got the wrong end of an alien turkey baster) but didn't really notice them.