You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CCTV in school bogs

Paul

One thing that makes this whole kicking off a load of attention seeking garbage is this:

The students actually suggested the camera be put up there to help combat bullying.

The camera is only showing the sink area of the bathroom, it is not as if it is a zoom lense watching the kids take a dump is it? Invasion of privacy my ring. These are probably the same sort of people who complain when the lad gets bullied in the toilet with no camera. Probably asking why the fuck no one does anything about it after the school say "we have no proof so we can't do anything."

Personally, I think the lad vandalised something and got punished for it. So the parents decided that the little lad was just acting against the establishment because of "lack of privacy." Meanwhile, kid goes along with it, despite only doing it for a laugh just so he doesn't have his parents give him punishment too.

One thing that makes this whole kicking off a load of attention seeking garbage is this:

The students actually suggested the camera be put up there to help combat bullying.

The camera is only showing the sink area of the bathroom, it is not as if it is a zoom lense watching the kids take a dump is it? Invasion of privacy my ring. These are probably the same sort of people who complain when the lad gets bullied in the toilet with no camera. Probably asking why the fuck no one does anything about it after the school say "we have no proof so we can't do anything."

Personally, I think the lad vandalised something and got punished for it. So the parents decided that the little lad was just acting against the establishment because of "lack of privacy." Meanwhile, kid goes along with it, despite only doing it for a laugh just so he doesn't have his parents give him punishment too.

So you're one of them eh? Sorry Andy, you're negged.

Admit it, you went to neg me, typed your witty retort, hit the button then forgot to hit the radio button to switch it to neg.

Then you come on here talking about love 'n' shit. Am I right? Am I right?

Nope. I typed the message before I repped you, admin can verify that, probably.

Guest TK-421

Interesting choice of words there.

But c'mon, what is installing CCTV going to achieve? I doubt it will solve anything like bullying or other anti-social behaviour as it's more complex than that.

One nation under CCTV nothing can stop us now.

How can it be invasive when the kids themselves requested it?

How many kids requested it? Who were they? Did they request it, or was it suggested to them? Cos "the kids themselves requested it" is, on its own, rather devoid of the kind of details that I need if I am to determine that this is something that is genuinely welcomed by the student body.

Besides, "the kids requested it" and "CCTV in school toilets is invasive" are statements that are not mutually exclusive.

since when hasnt there in the history of time and schools been shit go down in bogs. Just another excuse to sell more cctv.

just waiting for the teacher caught wanking over cctv of kids in bogs. just tag everything and everyone and be done with it

I didn't think they could put CCTV in toilets. One of my mates used to work the doors in & around Prestatyn/Rhyl. One of the clubs wanted to put CCTV in the toilets to try and kerb the use of Cocaine (some lads were snorting off the basins and didn't give a stuff who saw them doing it) but weren't allowed to.

Put George Michael in there. He may be a cottager, but he wouldn't touch a kid. He can threaten them with a verse of Careless Whisper should they misbehave.

Whoooah there. I'll not let that slating of what is quite clearly a brilliant tune go without comment. It's so good that Willy Mason decided to add it to his repatoire.

KF6sqU9mK5U

Skill.

What do you all think? Have they got a point or they just attention seeking gobshites?

Parents hit out at CCTV in Wirral school toilets

Oct 1 2008 by Lorna Hughes, Birkenhead News

Parents hit out at CCTV in Hilbre High School toilets

PARENTS have hit out at a Wirral school after learning a CCTV camera had been fitted in pupils’ toilets.

A man and woman, who asked not to be named, say they were horrified to discover their teenage son, a pupil at Hilbre High in West Kirby, had been given a detention last week for “defacing school property”.

It later emerged he had been given the punishment for putting Blu-Tack over the lens of the camera.

The furious couple have refused to allow the school to keep the 15-year-old at detention, and say the camera is an invasion of his privacy.

Hilbre High says the camera – which shows the sink area and not inside toilet cubicles – was installed after suggestions from students and there have been no other complaints.

The teenager’s mother told the News: “The school are really annoyed that we’re not backing them up but we’ve said no, this is not right. We were absolutely horrified when we found out about it.

“My husband got in touch with them and they told us they were within their rights to do this. They said bullying happens in toilets but there must be other ways to deal with it.

“How many other schools are doing this and the parents don’t know about it? There’s been no consultation or a letter asking our feelings about it.

“Our son only noticed the camera when he went back to school after the summer and now he’s reluctant to use the school toilets because he feels it’s an invasion of his privacy.

“No matter how old the pupils are, they still have human rights.”

Earlier this year the Association of Teachers and Lecturers (ATL) set up a working group to look into the use of CCTV and produce guidelines on best practice for schools and colleges.

Hilbre High head Jan Levenson said the cameras were installed following a survey during the last academic year of pupils’ opinions about school life.

She added: “Some of the feedback we received led to discussions with our Student Council regarding initiatives we could implement to make improvements to our school environment.

“One of the suggestions from the students included the installation of CCTV in areas which require greater monitoring, including the vanity areas within the students’ toilets.

“There have not been any other complaints about the cameras, which we would like to emphasise show the sink and vanity area only, and not inside the cubicles, where we would understand there being a concern about privacy.

“The company which installed these cameras has already undertaken this type of work in other Wirral secondary schools and we have received a great deal of positive feedback from headteachers about their effectiveness.

“We always endeavour to work collaboratively with our pupils and their parents, and we look forward to finding an amicable solution to this situation.”

it will weed out the young homos :yes:

Whoooah there. I'll not let that slating of what is quite clearly a brilliant tune go without comment. It's so good that Willy Mason decided to add it to his repatoire.

KF6sqU9mK5U

Skill.

The test of a great song is how it sounds when covered in a very different style by a very different artist while remaining recognisably the same. Careless Whisper is a great song and George Michael was a great song writer.