You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinnear was bang on.

spot on.joe kinnear is an alright guy.and he does'nt deserve the shit from them cunts.he has taken on one twat of a job and he deserves credit for that.and he's got the bottle to take it on.i hope he does alright and when he hands the job over i hope the fuckers go down with the blueshite of course.

Fuck that. Joe Kinnear is a fucking dick who should be sacked for that press conference. He's only got the job because he's mates with the Director of Football so he's going to get stick. He has to expect it, especially if he gives the players the day off on his first day. To come out and verbally attack journalists as he did is a disgrace.

The guy has no class and is a no mark who should be nowhere near the game in this day and age. Fucking dinosaur.

Kinnear is one of the dying breed of old school managers, who haven't quite kept up to speed with how the game has evolved.

But this has to be the greatest ever opening gambit in a press conference in the history of football. Fucking superb:

JK Which one is Simon Bird [Daily Mirror's north-east football writer]?

SB Me.

JK You're a cunt.

SB Thank you.

JK I haven't come in here for you lot to take the piss out of me. And if I'm not flavour of the month for you, it don't fucking bother me. I've got a job to do. And I'm going to do it to the best of my ability. I'm not going to spend any more time listening to any crap or reading any crap. Stick to the truth and the facts. And don't twist anything.

Journalist You know, you know the game ...

JK Of course I know, but I don't have to like it.

Well said JK. It doesn't help the laughing stock that is Newcastle United, but it's good to see someone standing up to these cunts and saying what he thinks of them.

In fairness, he was being ridiculed on here too. He was being universally ridiculed. And it was bound to get that kind of reaction. It doesn't look very professional, but the amount of stick he's getting is outrageous. He's a caretaker with a better record than Chris Hughton doing a job that nobody else wanted. Does that deserve universal ridicule?

I don't mind the guy, personally. But he should never have touched the job.

I like Joe Kinnear and have felt sorry for him over the last few days with the coverage he's had but he's given them cunts the scent of blood now and the way he has seemingly scoured every single newspaper instead of concentrating on the club would seriously worry me if (God forbid) I was a Newcastle fan.

Ok... Good on him for defending himself and everything and I love the fact that he's calling out these sports writers and whatnot but Kinnear comes off looking a total moron for arguing with them.

He should have walked in and said, "No questions till the end" and slammed them and then walked out and let the Media Agent handle the rest.