You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you like beetroot?

RedinSweden

Do you like beetroot?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like beetroot?

I eat more beetroot than anyone else in here I'm confident of that much. I eat beetroot with a meal once a day at least, always salted. It was here before you guys and it will be with me long after you have all died. The stuff in jars is the best, crinkled. None of that ballbag shit.

So has whale spunk, and that comes ready-salted.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Big Green Bastard

Best if you grow it from seed and then pick it when its the size of a golf-ball.

Then grate it raw for salad or boil it for a side-veg.

Grew about 100 of the purple-pissers this year and loved every one of em'.

I love the stuff. When I was a kid I had half or most of a jar of the pickled stuff I think, then had red piss later on when I went to the toilet. Never had that since, but then again I've never eaten as much I don't think. I like it, but I can't eat loads in one go anymore. Can't believe sprouts are even coming under fire too, madness!

When it comes to the worst it's raw celery and peppers for me without a doubt, and even though I can eat small bits of either in things like soup or pepper on pizza, there's no way I could sit there eating it raw.

I love the stuff. When I was a kid I had half or most of a jar of the pickled stuff I think, then had red piss later on when I went to the toilet. Never had that since, but then again I've never eaten as much I don't think. I like it, but I can't eat loads in one go anymore. Can't believe sprouts are even coming under fire too, madness!

When it comes to the worst it's raw celery and peppers for me without a doubt, and even though I can eat small bits of either in things like soup or pepper on pizza, there's no way I could sit there eating it raw.

Now aint that the truth right there. I fucking hate celery. Can't stand the smell or the taste. I can smell it from 100yards away and it fucking stinks.

If you like celery, you're evil. No exceptions.

Word. King of the root vegetables for me is parsnip.

So you like beetroot and hate the extremely tasty roast parsnips? You're fucking weird man.

As a side though I think there should be a study on whether everyone that likes parsnips hates beetroot and vice versa. it'd be like a good verses evil test.

So you like beetroot and hate the extremely tasty roast parsnips? You're fucking weird man.

As a side though I think there should be a study on whether everyone that likes parsnips hates beetroot and vice versa. it'd be like a good verses evil test.

Have you spazzed out there Johnny H?

RiS clearly like parsnips even the quote said so; and who wouldn't? they rule.

Cold beetroot soup, Lithuanian style, on a hot summer's day is great. But then the mere mention of cold soup is likely to get my sexuality questioned.

Nevertheless, gazpacho also rules.

Anyway, this is for my fellow cold soup and beetroot loving homos:

LITHUANIAN COLD BEET SOUP - Recipes Wiki

I have to admit that the first time I ate beetroot and took a dump, I thought I was bleeding out my ass. That wasn't pleasant.