You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He looked a little subdued to me today, and wasn't as eye catching as against United and his cameo against Marseilles.

Looks a real player though, a world apart from the dreadul Gonzalez and broken/dishonest Kewell.

Rarely concedes possession and has a whole bunch of tricks in his pocket.

I don't think he played particularly well today. Like Dirk, many of our attacks broke down due to a lack of end product on his part. He definitely has skills which is promising but I think he can do better in relation to his decision making and crossing. I also don't like the way he goes to ground so easily.

Edited by Dirk

I don't think he played particularly well today. Like Dirk, may of our attacks broke down due to a lack of end product on his part. He definitely has skills which is promising but I think he can do better in relation to his decision making and corssing. I also don't like the way he goes to ground so easily.

I agree with you on the going-to-ground thing, to some extent. There was one incident today where I remarked to my mates, "Not in this league, pal." It was very much the sort of 'foul' you see get given in Spain all the time.

I think he'll get used to it (after all, he has had experience), and he's hardly a South American who does 15 rolls before his trod-on toenail is treated.

He looked a little subdued to me today, and wasn't as eye catching as against United and his cameo against Marseilles.

Looks a real player though, a world apart from the dreadul Gonzalez and broken/dishonest Kewell.

Rarely concedes possession and has a whole bunch of tricks in his pocket.

That's how I see it. Started very well today, then faded badly and then came on strong again and was eventually subbed.

I like him though, he looks a good player.