You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Going Out, Getting Older Question.

Section_31

USA is a huge and pretty diverse country, hard to imagine 2 cities in the same country being more different than the 2 I visited - Las Vegas and San Fransisco. If I were to go again, I'd like to go to the arse end of nowhere, where they don't have too many tourists (some cad will be along shortly to recommend a ghetto in Detroit now).

Portland (In-Fact Oregon in general) has always appealed to me. 

I think if I was to live over there, other than New York I think I would choose Portland or Boston. I've only ever been to NYC but the others appeal to me. As does San Francisco to be fair. 

I'd love to visit a few proper detached places, maybe Elk Cove where they shot Overboard. Not sure I'd want to actually live in rural America though. Seems to take them a lot longer to catch-up with time than the bigger cities. I spend ages going round little villages on Google Maps in America. It fascinates me but they all seem to have one theme running through them. They look like 60's towns. Fucking hillbillies. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I think if I was to live over there, other than New York I think I would choose Portland or Boston. I've only ever been to NYC but the others appeal to me. As does San Francisco to be fair. 

I'd love to visit a few proper detached places, maybe Elk Cove where they shot Overboard. Not sure I'd want to actually live in rural America though. Seems to take them a lot longer to catch-up with time than the bigger cities. I spend ages going round little villages on Google Maps in America. It fascinates me but they all seem to have one theme running through them. They look like 60's towns. Fucking hillbillies. 

Is that playing geoguessr?

I'm not long turned 40 and have the prospect of having to organise a stag do, because I'm getting married in 12 months. It really doesn't appeal to me. Do you think the lads would be interest in just meeting in a big sports pub with a dart board and a fairly priced mixed grill and sitting there for a couple of days?

33 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I'm not long turned 40 and have the prospect of having to organise a stag do, because I'm getting married in 12 months. It really doesn't appeal to me. Do you think the lads would be interest in just meeting in a big sports pub with a dart board and a fairly priced mixed grill and sitting there for a couple of days?

Make it into something you would appreciate and get the best man to do the dog work. If the above what you fancy, do it

38 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Can I come ?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The US has a certain charm to it, no doubt due to the influences of TV shows and movies. I imagine the reality of some of these places are far less appealing.

I'd still love to go and explore every state.

Mainly for the food.

2 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

I'm 42, got married last year and never had a stag do. Just couldn't be arsed having one

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Alaska appeals to me for some reason. I'm sure I've said it before on here, but I'd love to live somewhere that is snowy and cold all the time. 

Would probably yearn for the sun eventually, but I'd like to give it a go.

18 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

Alaska appeals to me for some reason. I'm sure I've said it before on here, but I'd love to live somewhere that is snowy and cold all the time. 

Would probably yearn for the sun eventually, but I'd like to give it a go.

Didn't you emigrate to New Zealand?

13 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

Then don't have one.

6 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Yeah, because my missus is from here. Didn't come for the weather, although it is quite nice in the summer if you like that kind of thing.

New Zealand looks like a beautiful place to live.