You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Goalscoring, do we have a problem on our hands?

Code

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Think its clear we re still desperately missing a 20 goal a season player.

It is -- tbh we look pretty good if you put Vardy or Harry Kane in our list.

In fact we look good compared to Arsenal as is.

In double fact we look better than all of them from our 2nd scorer down. 

So yes, we need a number one striker.

Interesting to look at comments from near the start of the season. I had Benteke and Skrtel in my team - oops! Gomez was also in there, after a bright start, but unfortunately he suffered a bad injury. 

Obviously it all changed when Klopp came in. We can look forward to a bit of an overhaul this summer, and I'm predicting 10+ outgoing, and 6+ incoming, with 3-4 of the incoming to go straight into the team. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
7 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Code launched this thread at the start of two really good seasons, driven by the goals of Torres and Suarez & Sturridge.

Right now, I'd just like a league goal this year.

Some Manc mate of mine,  obviously had to tell me that we are the team with most games without a goal this season in the PL, and the only team in the five top leagues in Europe to have gone four games without a goal.

Boston, we have a problem. 

What's the main cause?

It's obviously not that our front 3 aren't good enough; they are, but none of them have shown it for at least a month. 

Similarly, Trent obviously still has the talent, but he's wasting it on mindlessly lashing balls against the first defender.

Injuries have meant that we haven't been able to play our best midfield (any three from Hendo, Fabinho, Thiago, Gini and Shaq) so we haven't been able to support the attackers properly or offer any alternatives. 

I'm genuinely baffled.  Thank fuck I'm not a manager.