You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Goalscoring, do we have a problem on our hands?

Code

Lets see how this one worked out though.

I said we would need to score around 75 goals to have a chance to win the league and we scored 77 and finished second.

I predicted we would score 68 goals but forgot to add own goals, I got it wrong with 5 goals  without the own goals.

Our midfield chipped in with 10 more goals than I predicted though mostly because of Gerrards 16 and Yossi's 8 goals.

The thing is though, løook at our midfield today and imagine them scoring 31 league goals this season, that would be something sadly if we get 15 bI think we should be happy.

When I have the time next week I'll look into this and make a prediction player for player like this.

Sturridge and Suarez if they stay mostly fit will get somewhere between 40-50 between them I reckon.  Midfield and defence are lacking a bit at the moment obviously.  Moses has 1 and that's it so far right?

Although if you could pencil in Moses, Coutinho, Gerrard and Henderson for 5 each would that be out of the realms of all possibility?

Stick the defence down for another 5 between them, plus a few from Sterling/Aspas/Ibe/Allen/random o.g.s and we'd be pretty close.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Where's the mentalist that is Code these days? Not seen him posting for fuckin ages, have I missed him spitting his dummy out or something?

He told me that everything is going so well there's nothing to complain about, so he doesn't log on anymore. He's particularly happy with Sterling and Rodgers.

• Upvote 7

We've scored 17 goals in our last 4 games.

That's over four a game, amazing!

If we keep up our scoring rate to the end of the season we are on track for 94 goals.

Which may be the most ever by a Liverpool team?

I had a quick squizz at what I thought were other high scoring teams, and we had 88 in 1987-88 which was easily the most I came across.  78 in 2008-9 was the next highest, so even if we cool off a bit and don't quite hit 94, this season is on it's way to being an historically good attacking one.

He told me that everything is going so well there's nothing to complain about, so he doesn't log on anymore. He's particularly happy with Sterling and Rodgers.

I've had similar conversations with him via pm. He put particular emphasis on Rodgers being the main reason for Luis' form. He's happy with Sakho keeping Agger out of the team too. It's a happy Christmas in the Myhrol household this year.