You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lazy

Section_31

Some woman in our place is hilariously bone idle, she's got a room to herself where she has a varying amount of work to get through, but when nobody's looking she sneaks out to the shops. Sometimes when you go in there she's reading a book or a paper or something.

Anyway, turns out they're moving a few people over to our office, meaning that from now on she'll have to sit with a few other people - including the boss - and gues what, she's handed in her notice! To be fair like she's 61 so must have a pension coming her way, but I thought it was funny as fuck. She's basically sussed that the game is up and decided to bail.

I actually admire that level of lazyness, because it's lazyness with a twist. We can all just stay in bed if we want and blag some sickpay, but to convince a company you're worth the money for that long while living like a student takes some pretty awesome ability. Hats off love, hats off!

Guest The Big Green Bastard
Some woman in our place is hilariously bone idle, she's got a room to herself where she has a varying amount of work to get through, but when nobody's looking she sneaks out to the shops. Sometimes when you go in there she's reading a book or a paper or something.

Anyway, turns out they're moving a few people over to our office, meaning that from now on she'll have to sit with a few other people - including the boss - and gues what, she's handed in her notice! To be fair like she's 61 so must have a pension coming her way, but I thought it was funny as fuck. She's basically sussed that the game is up and decided to bail.

I actually admire that level of lazyness, because it's lazyness with a twist. We can all just stay in bed if we want and blag some sickpay, but to convince a company you're worth the money for that long while living like a student takes some pretty awesome ability. Hats off love, hats off!

I'm into my eighth week of sick pay:drool:

i used to work with a couple of polish guys in an architecture firm.

one of them used to sit at his desk in a big open area with the rest of us, and constantly refer to the local building code like he was looking something up. he would do this for most of the day - lifting his head up occasionally, looking thoughtfully around and writing something in a notebook.

one day, i went to look at the notebook (he usually locked it away) and it was full of doodles and scribbles.

the guy worked really, really hard at doing nothing...i just don't get it ? he wasn't stupid at all, just incredibly lazy.

didn't last long, however. he was tossed out after a few months - couldn't understand why either.

the other guy was even lazier. they fired him after he came back to work a month after his wife had a baby.

one of them used to sit at his desk in a big open area with the rest of us, and constantly refer to the local building code like he was looking something up. he would do this for most of the day - lifting his head up occasionally, looking thoughtfully around and writing something in a notebook.

one day, i went to look at the notebook (he usually locked it away) and it was full of doodles and scribbles.

the guy worked really, really hard at doing nothing...i just don't get it ? he wasn't stupid at all, just incredibly lazy.

didn't last long, however. he was tossed out after a few months - couldn't understand why either.

the other guy was even lazier. they fired him after he came back to work a month after his wife had a baby.

A whole 4 weeks just to spend time with his newborn child and very possibly convalescing wife? Shocking.

That's beautiful

Guest The Big Green Bastard

Tits 'n' cock doodles?

I worked in Matalan while I was at college and all I ever did was hang round in the stock room with a pair of Jeans in my hands.

If a manager ever came in and asked what was what I'd go, "just looking for a 32/34 length in these (jeans) for a customer"

It never failed.

A whole 4 weeks just to spend time with his newborn child and very possibly convalescing wife? Shocking.

i knew that comment would draw some flak.

the longer version was that he was supposed to be back the following week, but couldn't be arsed to phone in and say he wanted more time.

i had to pick up the pieces of all the work he left (not fun).

all he was really looking for was to get paid leave (in canada, a couple get one year of maternity leave that can be divided between the mother and father, if both parents are working). his wife wasn't working and therefore he was not eligible for paid leave.

I worked in Matalan while I was at college and all I ever did was hang round in the stock room with a pair of Jeans in my hands.

If a manager ever came in and asked what was what I'd go, "just looking for a 32/34 length in these (jeans) for a customer"

It never failed.

Excellent.

Was the same with me in Wilkinsons, I used to go to the warehouse and sit down sometimes, then when the manager clocked me I'd start walking fast, walking fast seemed to make them think you were busy, even though I was going nowhere in particular.

The game was up though when they did an audit and sussed out that I took on average two hours longer to do the same job as a girl called Bev (who we'd affectionately nicknamed "Fat Mess")

Taking two hours longer was a real feat two when you bare in mind these were only four hour shifts.

Once I had to work on days and it was the first time I'd been in there during opening hours, some bloke comes up to me and goes 'hey mate where are the brushheads' and I just said 'by the brushes' and walked off (quickly)

Excellent.

Was the same with me in Wilkinsons, I used to go to the warehouse and sit down sometimes, then when the manager clocked me I'd start walking fast, walking fast seemed to make them think you were busy, even though I was going nowhere in particular.

The game was up though when they did an audit and sussed out that I took on average two hours longer to do the same job as a girl called Bev (who we'd affectionately nicknamed "Fat Mess")

Taking two hours longer was a real feat two when you bare in mind these were only four hour shifts.

Once I had to work on days and it was the first time I'd been in there during opening hours, some bloke comes up to me and goes 'hey mate where are the brushheads' and I just said 'by the brushes' and walked off (quickly)

:D

i knew that comment would draw some flak.

the longer version was that he was supposed to be back the following week, but couldn't be arsed to phone in and say he wanted more time.

i had to pick up the pieces of all the work he left (not fun).

all he was really looking for was to get paid leave (in canada, a couple get one year of maternity leave that can be divided between the mother and father, if both parents are working). his wife wasn't working and therefore he was not eligible for paid leave.

Am I that predictable?? I get a bee in my bonnet because my ex was sacked for not turning up for work while I was in labour. He took one day off! That was back when there were rights, so I'm a bit of a champion for the paternity leave cause now.

Am I that predictable?? I get a bee in my bonnet because my ex was sacked for not turning up for work while I was in labour. He took one day off! That was back when there were rights, so I'm a bit of a champion for the paternity leave cause now.

fair enough - that's pretty harsh......

lazy git.

I used to work for a Company two years ago and become a bit bored so decided I should take a few days off sick but that turned into a month and they wanted a sick note. I ended up forging a Hospital discharge letter and took another month off on top off that.

I searched the internet for an example of what a Hospital Discharge letter had in it and then copied a letter head from an old Hospital letter.

They basically paid me to go out on a two month piss up which was nice of them.

When I started work as a Grad I worked in an office with an old sales consultant (I think he was "winding down" until retirement).

Anyway, I don't think he'd sold anything for a few years and seemed to be always playing golf. One of the other consultants had total respect for him as "he talked a great game" and was able to convince people he was really busy.

I think he was on a good "whack" too. Like you say you have to admire that.

My old man used to work at Cammel Lairds and they had these long hollow concrete cylinders there (not got a fucking clue what for like). All the lads used to take hour shifts of climbing inside and going a kip through out the day.

At my last place one person would go in to work, swipes the cards of their mates whilst they had the day off. They used to take turns at it apparently, until they were caught (obviously).

Indeed, imagine 4 weeks with a crying, whining baby?

I just hope the new-born was quiet and well-behaved. ;)

funny that!. is there a clapping smilie on here? :telloff:

i worked in a clothes shop in town when i was at school and they had a rule that you couldnt wear shorts on the shop floor. so needless to say i used to wear shorts and have to sort out the stock room every saturday.

i used to stack the shoes boxes like a bed, with a few pairs of jeans folded up as a pillow and sleep until i heard the door creeking upstairs when i'd jump up and pretend to be folding jeans.

this was a saviour when the footy was on..... shame it was only on the radio tho'.

every sunday morning we all used to pick a card from a deck of cards on the way in and the lowest card had to take the rubbish out as that was bin man day. i used to stick all the 2s, 3s and 4s together and aim for them before trotting off with 4 ot 5 bags of packaging. they all thought i was just unlucky at picking cards, but they were wrong! i was smuggling shirts / jumpers / trainees out in the bags every week and my mate would meet me around the corner and drop them off at mine.

i never got caught once!