You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I think his brother Benoit plays for them but I could be wrong.

Our Bruno plays for Rennes.

Regarding the team I have no problem. Lucas and Mascherano in the middle proved last season they play well together. Babel and Kuyt wide behnd Torres also worked very well last season, and the defence almost picked itself.

If we fuck up today, it wont be because of the team selection.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not usually Rafas biggest worry, and Agger is hardly a stranger to the way we play.

But you're probably right, though. I just really wanted to see the Agger rumours put to bed (especially in Denmark) by a couple of good performances from him this week.

From what I read about Stoke's style of play, saturdays game will be more suited to big Sami.

No, it's not Rafa's biggest worry. Every man and his dog on here seem to be shouting their mouths off at rotation when it fits their agenda, though.

How Sami will be more suited to Stoke's visit to Anfield remains a mystery to me. I expect us to boss that game from start to finish, and having players with pace in the back four as vital. I honestly cannot see a game less suited for Sami than this one.

Our Bruno plays for Rennes.

Regarding the team I have no problem. Lucas and Mascherano in the middle proved last season they play well together. Babel and Kuyt wide behnd Torres also worked very well last season, and the defence almost picked itself.

If we fuck up today, it wont be because of the team selection.

exactly

No, it's not Rafa's biggest worry. Every man and his dog on here seem to be shouting their mouths off at rotation when it fits their agenda, though.

How Sami will be more suited to Stoke's visit to Anfield remains a mystery to me. I expect us to boss that game from start to finish, and having players with pace in the back four as vital. I honestly cannot see a game less suited for Sami than this one.

Because Stoke have Rory Delap, who happens to have a throw that's likes a corner and a free kick and they will bombard us aerially.

I'm disappointed with the team. We have enough to beat Marseille I think but i'd have loved to see Babel on the right with Riera on the left, and also Lucas instead of Alonso?

Why not Gerrard in central midfield with Keane behind Torres?

Play people in their positions.

I agree Brownie which is why i would have had Gerrard on the right with Keane supporting Torres.

Keane probably does need a res after the running he did on Saturday!

Lucas needs games too. It's not like Gerrard and Lucas are shit replacements Brownie relax!

I'm totally relaxed. I haven't shown any signs of losing my cool have I mate? Just disappointed with the tinkering so early in the season, that's all.

I don't think Keane needs a rest and Lucas isn't a better player than Alonso so it's moot IMO.

I'm disappointed with the team. We have enough to beat Marseille I think but i'd have loved to see Babel on the right with Riera on the left, and also Lucas instead of Alonso?

Why not Gerrard in central midfield with Keane behind Torres?

Play people in their positions.

why do so many people want to see Babel in the right? one if his main strengths is his ability to cut in and unleash a banging shot...

Keane probably does need a res after the running he did on Saturday!

Lucas needs games too. It's not like Gerrard and Lucas are shit replacements Brownie relax!

It will probably be a different formation, with a different tactical plan. If that's the case, he's not resting but changing and using different players, with a different formation, to play against the opposition. That's not resting for the sake of resting.