You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rare song for you here. Extremely rare to find this lying around on the net as far as I know, but google happened to return a link that had the tune when I just checked. A Leeway song, and one that's inspired the shit out of me many times over the last year or so. This ain't your average tune. (just press play and it should start up.) :

Listen and Download Leeway - The Future (Ain't What It Used To Be) Mp3

• 2 weeks later...

Really can't check back to see if this is already here as each page actually locks this pc up for around 5+ minutes, as stupid as that sounds, but just incase it's not already here :

[YOUTUBE]labytsb3gfI[/YOUTUBE]

I did check the first page though and as the pc was locking up I noticed Sweat by Tool from Hamstrung (only got into that last night strangely enough.) and New Noise by Refused from Hazel, so will rep when I can, both brilliant tunes.

• 3 weeks later...

Just how good an album is Master Of Puppets?

Hadn't really listened to it for what seemed like an age, so stuck it on the other night to refresh my memory, and to my mind, it is the best metal album I have ever had the pleasure of listening to.

Enjoy....

LB-qG7qTDKU

59gBha4hyrw

gtQcD17DzkU

JoP6ZI6x_Rk

u6_qe2zBa1I

m1PtxEvO6PM

TZjjmUugmz0

Yw6He3tvB5w

• 2 weeks later...

Been meaning to stick a link to this internet radio station for a while, but have never gotten round to doing so, until now.

This is the only radio station I listen to these days, it's a 24/7 classic rock and metal radio station, that has no adverts apart from them plugging their own station from time to time.

Rock Radio 1.

Some good stuff on here. I'm just listening to the Doom discography at the moment, and I generally listen to anything heavy, fast or doomy. I'm off to see Slayer on Sunday night in Manchester, and the wife is dismayed that I'm being picked up at 10.30am, so we'll be in Manchester for about 11.30am to partake in a heavy drinking session.

Slipknot fans, like myself, will be sad to hear that bassist Paul Gray, (#2), passed away earlier due to a suspected drug overdose.

Will this tragedy finally see the end of Slipknot?

Slipknot bassist found dead

Des Moines, Iowa; May 24, 2010 -- A local hotel worker found the bassist dead this morning. Paul Gray, known as #2, or "The Pig" in the self-titled years, the lively bassist from Los Angeles who relocated with family to Des Moines and joined Slipknot and has played for the entire Slipknot career up to this point. Paul had a darker side to his life, dealing with drugs and alcohol abuse. It was announced on his MySpace page this year that he was expecting a child with his wife Brenna. Life looked on the up for Paul.

While currently under investigation, preliminary reports from a source at the scene indicate a drug overdose.

I first saw Slipknot at Dotfest 2 in 1997, shortly after they formed and right before they were signed. Clown came out and moshed with the crowd, and Pig had his pig mask on and was WICKED on the bass!

Paul will be missed.

• 4 weeks later...

There's really no point in clicking play on this tune unless you're into the heaviest type of metal. This band is, and might be for a long time, seriously underrated. If those of you into the heaviest listen through you'll probably get what I mean. The guitar player for a start is a fucking genius. And those of you that go to festivals, etc, are probably familiar with these guys already.

[YOUTUBE]bObvPHbpJN0[/YOUTUBE]

That bit at around 24 seconds, the bit that builds up to the first verse, is among many other parts, fucking genius.

I'm off to see Slayer on Sunday night in Manchester, and the wife is dismayed that I'm being picked up at 10.30am, so we'll be in Manchester for about 11.30am to partake in a heavy drinking session.

Awesome, how did it go? Good gig?

Edited by Red Phoenix

Another thing about Parkway Drive : a guy I know who's in a metal band said he saw them at a festival, and they just turned up onstage all smiles, etc, and being themselves in t-shirts and shorts when other bands were being all serious, etc. They just seem like genuine people loving what they do, and without any stage act, must be cool to see.

Awesomeness, their new album Deep Blue has leaked early. This is the one that's hit me first and started giving me the shivers. They just seem to get better and better, and this album might cement their place as one of the best bands of their kind.

[YOUTUBE]cxlPQ1zHxOc[/YOUTUBE]

edit : one more to save me posting back later. Time to leave this thread now until some other people have posted..

[YOUTUBE]_ffCednUh64[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Red Phoenix

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Big Green Bastard

just heard this for the first time in years. love the track and the dirty little minx that sings it!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTqCwlQODxo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTqCwlQODxo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

If you like your rock solid and heavy then look no further than

[YOUTUBE]GlN3oEjMpUQ[/YOUTUBE]

Quite simply beautiful.

[YOUTUBE]MCOrtJMQmVs[/YOUTUBE]

A disturbing glance into a future dystopia

[YOUTUBE]FjV8SHjHvHk[/YOUTUBE]

Fly my darling

[YOUTUBE]ukmobha2krY[/YOUTUBE]

Awesomeness, their new album Deep Blue has leaked early. This is the one that's hit me first and started giving me the shivers. They just seem to get better and better, and this album might cement their place as one of the best bands of their kind.

edit : one more to save me posting back later. Time to leave this thread now until some other people have posted..

Just listening to Deep Blue now, liking what I've heard so far. I have their other 3 albums, and this looks to be their best so far, though I will have to listen to them all again to refresh the old grey matter.

Just listening to Deep Blue now, liking what I've heard so far. I have their other 3 albums, and this looks to be their best so far, though I will have to listen to them all again to refresh the old grey matter.

Yeah it's an amazing album, the only problem I had was that I just listened to it way too much for about a fortnight and have burnt it out for the time being. Am putting some of it on again shortly but I'll probably have to wait a while to enjoy it as much again.

Loved the other three albums aswell, but found the last lacking in heaviness a bit, (the guitarist moved onto another level though.) and this one has made up for it. First one is possibly the one I like the best as it's just so crazily heavy in parts and with a great style.

Was in pub a week or so back and a band came on, so I went over to the jukebox to see what was playing, and a guy who looked about 50 with a white beard turned around and said something like : Is it sepultura you're looking for? Turned out he was wasted and we had a laugh with him for the next hour or so, but since then have got into that band a lot, huge respect to him and am hoping I bump into him again to say thanks.