You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/5/2018 at 3:38 PM, Juniper said:

Latest Black Peaks album ‘All That Divides’ dropped today.

Its a fucking belter of a follow up album. Best release of 2018, for me. 

Seeing them in two weeks. Can’t fucking wait.

Favourite band at the moment by a long mile. 

Always on the look out for something new so banged this on YouTube this morning. 

Quite liking what I’m hearing.

For new-ish bands, I really like Turnstile. Good mix of Hardcore and more singalong tunes.

Cane Hill are decent as well, have a good Korn v Slipknot sound to them. 

I should really post more on this thread than I do. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’d previous thought of them being to angry but even though I’ve not had it on full yet (ie at full blast with no interruptions), I’m liking the new Architectes new album.

Its getting some good reviews as well. This is 1st if theirs I’ve acquired, so will be interested to hear the others, I’ve heard their previous album is meant to be good as well.

https://www.metacritic.com/music/holy-hell/architects

Still, not for those with sensitive hearing I suppose.

Another band I once dismissed as too angry, BMTH.

I find everything pre-Sempiternal waaaay OTT. I think Sempiternal is a brilliant album, I’d be struggling to think of a better British Hard Rock / Metal album this century. 

I think that bar a couple of songs, they went too far the other way on That’s The Spirit & came over as a bunch of pussys - to many samples, not enough guitars, not angry enough etc etc.  

However, their 2 new ones below, sound like a return to form. 

Not sure what Danni Filth brings to the party but hopefully it means they’ve grown some teeth again (just hopefully not to much). Apparently Wonderful Life was written when they were working with Fred Durst. He wasn’t bothered about a new Limp Bizkit album so they kept the riff for themselves.

I’m off to watch He Who Cannot Be Named tonight in Huddersfield, really hoping they’ll play some Dwarves stuff as otherwise I’m driving an hour to watch a man play songs I don’t think are much good while he’s naked!

• 1 month later...

I've gone down the instrumental path recently, Angel Vivaldi & Nita Strauss are particular favourites right now.

Animals as Leaders are a band that I need to listen to more of.

The Instrumental Madness playlist on Spotify is well worth a listen. Starts with the below from August Burns Red. Top track.

• 3 weeks later...