You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That is a fucking tune, had it blasting earlier on after I heard the news, the sax is such an unusual choice of instrument but works perfectly and the toying with the 6/4 time signature is spot on.

Just brilliant.

I think Limo Wreck is my favourite Soundgarden song though.

Yeah I think it's one of the best off Badmotorfinger, good to see (from the Soundgarden thread) that it's Carvalho's favourite too. Rusty Cage might edge it for me though because it's one of the best opening tracks I've heard on an album.

Just listened to some of Limo Wreck again as it's been ages since I heard it, like that a lot too. Kim Thayil is so creative on the guitar too, it's impossible for me to describe how good I think he is.

• 2 weeks later...

This might sound overly gloomy at first (and they're partly a goth band I think), really like the contrast with the rest of the song and the chorus though. Wasn't intending to post lyrics but it's the only version I could find.

One-Eyed Doll - Tara

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got my 5 (today) year old girl listening to punk rock pretty much anytime we drive anywhere.

She likes Propaghandi, and sings along to a few of their old ones, and after me coming back from Rebellion in Blackpool in August (which was fucking ace) I played her this a few times and she just starts singing it at random times now.

We also listens to Popes of Chillitown a lot driving in America last month when I took her to visit my friends.

She started singing this one in Morrisons yesterday...

A couple of photos from when the Wife and I went to Amsterdam to see Metallica last week:

b5cfb072596039c2e8b01d6184716658.jpg

c185678fcabb540a8da58b560dbbec3e.jpg

58ba5324a05398921712716f5208f2eb.jpg

9a964147fcb32430663e0cb148c35220.jpg

T'was absolutely brilliant.

James was trying to though my wife a plec at the end but couldn't throw it far enough so he blew her a kiss instead. She's had a gaping wide on ever since.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My first Download. They were brilliant that day. Helped build up the atmosphere for Tool later that evening.

The crowd had not long before had to endure Jada Pinkett-Smith's band, Wicked Wisdom, so had whipped themselves into a bit of a frenzy.

The highlights of the Wicked Wisdom set were the shots of Will Smith on the big screens watching on from the side of the stage.

Haha oh Christ, imagine organising this festival and scheduling Wicked Wisdom (never heard of the cunts) just before the SYL set... gotta be some kind of piss take that.

Devin is up there with any front man in rock/metal. Just sheer presence and power. Would’ve loved to see this band live. That track I posted, in particular, is just absolute fucking brutality.

Luckily, he’s still touring extensively with DTP. The mad genius that he is.