You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The one I posted?  Sounds fucking awesome to me mate.  Obviously that's GNR with Angus guesting, not AC/DC, but vocally it's bang on and musically you've got 90% of AC/DC's sound with Angus anyway so it's reasonable evidence to judge on I'd say.  GNR were covering Whole Lotta Rosie at gigs back when they still had the classic lineup and it basically sounds the same to me.

I've seen some footage of the gig GNR did at the Roxy recently but to be honest the sound quality on the clips was so shite that I didn't really feel I could judge how his voice was holding up one way or the other.  Based on that performance though it should be fine, only question is how his voice will stand up to playing full sets of that night after night I guess.

I've just listened to that again.  Whole Lotta Rosie is seriously one of the best balls-out rock songs I've ever heard.

Just listened to it. Rose has his own style of course, but as you say it's right in his range and it works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Amen are quality. Chasey Chaos, the Furby of punk!

Yeah am often gutted they're not still around when looking for punk music. One more from an Amen compilation, fucking love the guitar in this too :

Amen - The Resurrection Fixed Nothin

• 4 weeks later...

Gone Is Gone and Giraffe Tongue Orchestra are two super groups.

Gone Is Gone is made up of members of Mastadon, QOTSA & At The Drive-In and Giraffe Tongue Orchestra are made up of members from Alice In Chains, Mastadon & Dillinger Escape Plan.

Gone Is Gone's EP is out 8th July & GTO's album is out in September.

I've never listened to Gojira before, the singings is too GWWWAAAAARRRRR for my liking, but it's apparently calmed down on the new album and this seems about right.

Being trying to find a torrent for the album but can't so far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...